just a few minor issues noted here

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

just a few minor issues noted here

Post by pilottj »

Hey guys,
I have flown the 172 a few times now, no major issues. Only a couple of minor things. I noticed the ADF ID button on the Audio panel was unclickable. Also would it be possible to click both Com 1 and Com 2 at the same time for listening to both?

GNS530 is currently set to Com2/Nav2 while the remaining BK radio is set to Com1/Nav1. Could this be switched so that the GNS is Com1/Nav1 and the remaining BK radio is Com2/Nav2? Switching GNS to radio 1 in the ini file is fine, but the BK radio still remains on radio 1 too.

During one flight the heading bug became unmovable, I haven't been able to replicate that bug so I don't know if it was simply Accusim 'breaking' the heading bug.

I noticed some pitch oscillation while altitude holding, tho most of the time alt hold was fine. Not sure if that is because of my incorrect operation of the AP or not, I'll have to RTFM on that LOL.

As others have reported, the brakes seem to be a little goofy. I do have the FSUIPC ground friction mod installed which might be part of the culprit, as well as lots of FTX scenery. The only thing about braking that didn't seem right for me was making sharp U turns in a runup area or parking spot. In the real 172, I recall being able to stab a brake, apply a quick burst of high power and be able to really spin around on that wheel. A differential brake on the A2A 172 seems almost too strong, preventing a full 180 degree sharp turn.

Other than those minor issues, this 172 is EXCELLENT! Another fantastic release boys. :D

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: just a few minor issues noted here

Post by some1 - A2A »

We decided to make GNS530 secondary because BK is easier to use, so it remains primary. Currently it's not possible to switch to secondary.

Pitch oscillations at alt hold may happen at some conditions (rough weather, aft cg, slow speed), although we tried to minimize the issue. The autopilot can't cope with extreme situations, mainly because it doesn't have vertical gyro, so it doesn't know your pitch. It uses only VSI as a reference for vertical control, so it's responses are delayed.
Michael Krawczyk

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

Agreed with the braking, TJ. When I think I am about to make a tight turn, the plane grinds to a halt. Like a little B-17. 8) Tight turns are requiring more finesse than I recall from my flight training years ago (does a 172K and a 172R use the same type of nose wheel?), but of course that could well just be me. I too am using the FSUIPC ground friction and FTX airports in Montana. I have not yet tried flying from a default airport.

Joe
Joe

Krycekuk
Staff Sergeant

Post by Krycekuk »

I turned off my ground friction mod a few weeks back due to the way it upsets a lot of addons tuned for it not to be there. My C172 is able to swing around tight spots without any problems using a light dab of toe braking and full rudder deflection.
ASUS Maximus VIII Hero mb
Intel i7 6700K 4 Core @4.5GHz
850 Pro 512Gb SSD for Win 10 64 bit, 1Tb M2 for MSFS
Corsair Vengeance 32Gb DDR4 3000
nVidia 2070 Super
TrackIR 5, Honeycomb controls, Saitek panels
Every A2A Accu-sim aircraft

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

Good to hear! I originally started using it on a recommendation for my P-51s and it really helped them track better on takeoff and landing rollout, and since I only use A2A's planes I've had no problems elsewhere. I'll disable it and give it a go later. It shouldn't be a big deal to enable/disable it depending on the flying I want to do :mrgreen:

Joe
Joe

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”