Animation of brake pedals in VC

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
alehead
Staff Sergeant

Animation of brake pedals in VC

Post by alehead »

I notice an odd thing:

The right brake pedal action in the VC is smooth and reflects the position of my foot, ie, half-depressed on my real world pedal is half depressed on the right brake.
This is not the case on the left brake though. It doesn't seem to move until a trigger position is reached. Then it goes smoothly but quickly to the full on position and stays there regardless of my foot's position in the real world, until I reach the trigger again and the pedal animation then returns to the "unapplied" position, for wont of a better word.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Saitek rudder pedals, not configured at all via FSUIPC, as I find I have toe brake issues in some of the higher end addons...

FSX + Acceleration...

May I add that the immersion of the C172 Trainer is enormous. The run-up and take off feels so much like the real deal, in my albeit limited experience and memory of the aircraft... I just realized this afternoon how simplified the flight model of the default Cessna really is... I feeel like I have to start from scratch! :)

I bow down to A2A. You are changing the face of FSX with every release. Time I started clearing out my hangar. I only "fly" A2A and PMDG these days, even though I have some well-modelled addons, they just don't match up to you two!

A
Andrew
i9 9900K @ 4.8GHz (Der8auer delidded) on air (NH-D15), Gigabyte Aorus Master with 32 Gb RAM
Aorus Master RTX3090, Win10Pro / MSFS

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Animation of brake pedals in VC

Post by some1 - A2A »

Check the axis calibration in the FSX controls settings (switch to advanced mode). Default FSX sensitivities for controllers that are not simple joysticks are often wrong.
Michael Krawczyk

alehead
Staff Sergeant

Re: Animation of brake pedals in VC

Post by alehead »

Thanks Mike for the input.

I know it is not the calibration though...

A
Andrew
i9 9900K @ 4.8GHz (Der8auer delidded) on air (NH-D15), Gigabyte Aorus Master with 32 Gb RAM
Aorus Master RTX3090, Win10Pro / MSFS

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”