Saitek Switch Panel problems

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
mikced76
Airman

Saitek Switch Panel problems

Post by mikced76 »

Hi

I just purchase the Cessna and I'm blown away how realistic it is and how well it performs! I do unfortunately have some trouble with my Saitek Switch panel. The Alternator switch does not seem to work and also I have trouble with getting the Cessna to react with the start input from the Saitek panel. Any hint?

Mike

Krycekuk
Staff Sergeant

Re: Saitek Switch Panel problems

Post by Krycekuk »

There are multiple threads on this already.

If you are using saiteks drivers then they are really only intended for default aircraft and its pot luck if some functions work on complex addons. I program my panels using a combination of SPAD and FSUIPC.

I have done this for other A2A aircraft and it works fine but haven't yet had chance to do it for the C172.
ASUS Maximus VIII Hero mb
Intel i7 6700K 4 Core @4.5GHz
850 Pro 512Gb SSD for Win 10 64 bit, 1Tb M2 for MSFS
Corsair Vengeance 32Gb DDR4 3000
nVidia 2070 Super
TrackIR 5, Honeycomb controls, Saitek panels
Every A2A Accu-sim aircraft

slait
Airman

Post by slait »

Krycekuk wrote:I have done this for other A2A aircraft and it works fine but haven't yet had chance to do it for the C172.
If you figure out how to do that in the 172 let me know. I normally use mouse macros, but without 2D panels this doesn't seem to work.

Krycekuk
Staff Sergeant

Post by Krycekuk »

Its straight forward really.

Get SPAD to assign the battery and alternator to virtual joystick buttons. When in FSUIPC click on the assign buttons control and now flick the switch on the saitek panel, that should register the button press. Select the check box for FS control and now find the FS control you want to send, in the case of the master battery and alternator they have to be toggle master battery and toggle alternator as I don't think FSX has a Master Battery On / Master Battery Off control and same with the alternator. Im sure there is a more elegant way of doing it using the offsets but for now it works for me and gets me flying.
ASUS Maximus VIII Hero mb
Intel i7 6700K 4 Core @4.5GHz
850 Pro 512Gb SSD for Win 10 64 bit, 1Tb M2 for MSFS
Corsair Vengeance 32Gb DDR4 3000
nVidia 2070 Super
TrackIR 5, Honeycomb controls, Saitek panels
Every A2A Accu-sim aircraft

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tigerclaw »

Some1-A2A posted a much easier way in this thread http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 08&t=35754

Works really well, and the screenshots gave me a few other functions to try too. Awesome job. You gotta love this forum :)
Tony (That's all your getting, like it or lump it)

MSFS i7-7700 Kaby Lake CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores (Liquid cooled) Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF M/Board 32 Gig DDR4 Ram Nvidia GTX 1080ti 11GB GDDR 5 Win 10 Home Acer Predator XB271HU.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”