Triple Screen Wide Screen - Spinning Circle in Prepar3d

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Skyfox
Senior Airman

Triple Screen Wide Screen - Spinning Circle in Prepar3d

Post by Skyfox »

Hey A2A Team,

I bought your bird today, and it is nice. Exactly what I was looking for. But I need your help on this.

I am getting the Spinning Circle on my cursor in Prepar3d, once this comes - there goes the fps. It comes when I directly bootup Prepar3d with default flight selected with A2A 172. Now the weird part is if I load Prepar3d with another plane, and then change it - I do not get it. But if I click on Main Panel from the menu - it brings up the spinning circle.

I am betting this has to do with 2D panel or something like that (it happens with other aircraft), I have that view hidden in camera.cfg. And Usually I disable Window 00 in panel.cfg.

And I have tried disabling Window00, and no luck. Next option, I tried is resizing the size_mm=1024,768 to size_mm=1920,1200 (no luck), and size_mm=6048,1200 (no luck).

Trying lot of combinations -

Even removed ident view 10 from View_Forward_Windows (No Luck),

Any solution on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Skyfox

Skyfox
Senior Airman

Re: Triple Screen Wide Screen - Spinning Circle in Prepar3d

Post by Skyfox »

Right now I am on stock panel.cfg (no modifications).

I also get spinning circle when I damage my craft (in addition to booting up Prepar3d directly with A2A 172), and Prepar3d has to automatically reset the flight.

Thanks,

Skyfox

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Skyfox wrote:I also get spinning circle when I damage my craft
What do you mean when you say damage your aircraft? What exactly are you doing (so we can try to reproduce it here)?

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Skyfox
Senior Airman

Post by Skyfox »

I accidentally hit a tree during landing, and Simulator had to restart. Once Prepar3d restarted the flight, the spinning circle came back.

Shousa
Senior Airman

Post by Shousa »

EDIT - Look at my second post immediately below :)

scott you can leave this one for me its a 3 screen issue :)

there are 2 ways to fix the flashing cursor from hell.

1) find my post on this forum (i am using an android tablet and cannot do it now) in which i explain what numbers to change for accusim 2d panels.

or

2) instead change your setup to non wideviewaspect and use an external program to get the widescreen back.

The second method is far better - look on soh fsx general then choose guides then p38man's links guide to setting up fsx (i am p38man). it also explains the issue

i can answer any and all questions about this issue having done a lot of back and forth testing and i want to help so please pm me if you need to.

gotto go to sleep now....
Last edited by Shousa on 03 Sep 2013, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.

Shousa
Senior Airman

Post by Shousa »

Good morning....

Now as for those two possibilities. First off look at the SOH link at number 2 first because there is an explanation there.

It's official name is "The Flashing Cursor From Hell!"

OPTION ONE
- changing your 2D panels for the Cessna
a) Ok so one possibility is in the first two posts here:
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 83&t=27922
b) another possibility that worked with other 2d accusim panels :
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 72#p190688

OPTION TWO
- Make WideViewAspect = False (instead of true) and run a tool prior to running FSX. Very easy because you almost never will need to change any panels (I had only 1 panel for the P40 - the flaps one - otherwise no others). This is what I recommend because to test it it involves simply (a) changing one line in your config file and then (b) running the tool - move the sliders to something like 0.277 to start with (make sure both are always exactly the same).
Look at point 9
http://sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showt ... -July-2012

The tool is here (link in guide is old):
https://docs.google.com/folderview?id=0 ... VVTS1Z0LVk

Ok there you are - one way or another - 100% solved! 8)

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”