Aircraft Configuration

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
HughesMDflyer4
Airman Basic

Aircraft Configuration

Post by HughesMDflyer4 »

I am noticing that when leaving the aircraft with, say, tie-downs applied, they are not applied on the next load. I think this would be a much appreciated feature, as before beginning a preflight, I have to go and set up the aircraft in a sort of cold and dark state with a few extra switches off. It would be nice if EVERYTHING was as it was left on the previous flight.

Also, one thing I noticed, when wiggling the elevator, it does not animate at all (like the flaps do). Is this intentional?

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Re: Aircraft Configuration

Post by Molly - A2A »

It's actually the elevator trim tab that is wiggling, not the elevator.. take a closer look :mrgreen:

Jachin
Airman

Post by Jachin »

You are actually wiggling the elevator trim tab. You can see it move.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Brandon,

If they are not being saved then we will look to get this sorted.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

HughesMDflyer4
Airman Basic

Post by HughesMDflyer4 »

molleh wrote:It's actually the elevator trim tab that is wiggling, not the elevator.. take a closer look :mrgreen:
Well, I'm just blind. :mrgreen: :oops:
Scott - A2A wrote:Brandon,

If they are not being saved then we will look to get this sorted.

Scott.
Thanks Scott. Things like fuel and aircraft condition are saved, but most switches don't seem to be.

Romeo_Tango
Senior Airman

Post by Romeo_Tango »

I am having the same problem with previous state not being saved.

Robin.
ImageImage ImageImageImage[/url]Image

kaboki
Airman First Class

Post by kaboki »

HughesMDflyer4 wrote:
Also, one thing I noticed, when wiggling the elevator, it does not animate at all (like the flaps do). Is this intentional?
I have kinda the opposite problem, the trim tab wiggles but when I try with the flaps I get no animation or sound....

Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Post by Pistonpilot »

kaboki wrote:I have kinda the opposite problem, the trim tab wiggles but when I try with the flaps I get no animation or sound....
First thought; the flaps must be at least partially extended to wobble. They lock in place pretty good when they're in the 'up' position.

-Ian C

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

Indeed! Just follow the preflight checklist properly. At one point is says: flaps fully down... :wink:
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

There is a dedicated feature for the Cold&Dark state (tie downs, chocks and stuff). Try SHIFT+3 and turn on the AUTO-C&D.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

But he doesn't want to set it completely Cold & Dark. He likes the aircraft to be in the exact state that he left it in without having to set Cold&Dark to get the tiedowns and whatnot.

I notice a tendency of increased misunderstanding in many posts on these forums. Slow down when reading messages, people. Slow is smooth and smooth is fast. ;) :lol:
Happy Landings
- Patrick

Li'lJugs
Senior Airman

Post by Li'lJugs »

lonewulf47 wrote:Indeed! Just follow the preflight checklist properly. At one point is says: flaps fully down... :wink:
Ah, I did read the manual, but only once, and that in a hurry. So I missed that little gem, thank you for clarifying! :mrgreen:

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”