Brake Issue

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Jachin
Airman

Brake Issue

Post by Jachin »

Sorry if this has been covered and I missed it, I see there are other threads with controller issues, but I think this is a new issue. I use saitek rudder pedals. After I apply differential braking, the aircraft acts like I parking brake is on. Setting the parking and releasing it clears the problem. I do not use FSUIPC. I do not have this issue with other accu-sim aircraft. The issue is also there when I brake with both feet for normal braking.
VERY AWESOME AIRCRAFT! Thank you so much!

Jachin
Airman

Re: Brake Issue

Post by Jachin »

Nevermind :shock: fixed it with the sensitivity setting.

Glassair
Airman

Post by Glassair »

How? I have the same problem.

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

I noticed that the brakes are very hard to use on the C172 when you don't have analog braking controls. I only can use the brakes with the press of a button that I would simply tap for dosed differential braking, which works pretty well on other aircraft. On the C172, however, even the slightest tap on the brakes seems to cause an immediate standstill so that I have to use excessive power to keep moving in tight turns.
Happy Landings
- Patrick

jeanco
Airman

Post by jeanco »

Go to options-controls and set your toebrake sensitivity sliders to at least 80-90 %.

curt1
Airman First Class

Post by curt1 »

I get a red banner that says "differential braking" while I'm flying. Once I see that message, I know my plane will come to an immediate halt when I land. Somehow, the brakes are self-engaging during flight.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”