Rudder trouble

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
eojnommas
Airman Basic

Rudder trouble

Post by eojnommas »

Hey I seem to be having trouble with the 172 rudder. I am a mouse flyer as I am too lazy to hook up my CH yolk most of the time. Usually I handle the rudder with the keypad but It doesn't seem to be effecting the pedals or rudder visually or in flight. Can someone help?

Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Re: Rudder trouble

Post by Pistonpilot »

Not at my home rig to test right now, but, make sure auto-rudder isn't enabled.

-Ian C

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

popandbob
Airman Basic

Post by popandbob »

I'm also having the same issue. I don't have rudder pedals so I've got one of the trim buttons on my joke configured for the rudder.
Auto rudder is disabled. Loaded up the default 172 right after without ending flight or anything and I was able to control rudder on that just fine so it isn't a controller issue.
I wasn't able to move the rudder with keyboard keys or buttons on yoke.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Also make sure controls lock isn't set to ON
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

LenziCFI
Airman Basic

Post by LenziCFI »

I'm also having this rudder problem. I do have a joystick, but no rudder pedals. The airplane is awesome and everything else works great, but I cannot use the rudder...

Controls lock isn't set to ON

popandbob
Airman Basic

Post by popandbob »

Just Loaded up the 172 again and no rudder still.
I changed the ailerons on my yoke to the rudder and I was able to have full rudder control, switched back to using buttons for the rudder and no-go.

Dingeme
Airman Basic

Post by Dingeme »

I seem to remeber this also happend to a previous model (I think P-51). The rudder could not be used by keyboard buttons. This had to be resolved by an update. It seems this is the same problem like then.

Edit: Found the thread from back then.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 0&start=15
OK, I know what's going on. We made an assumption that a customer uses at least the joystick twist grip which apparently was wrong. The assumption that is. I will look around for a solution.

ROB
Seems like the same problem. Try assigning it to any axis in the mean time and I think it should work.

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

Ok, we'll look into it for the update.
Michael Krawczyk

AhunterG
Airman

Post by AhunterG »

Yes! I am also Having this trouble. I fly from the keyboard solely, without peddles, and without joystick......I know, not at all realistic. I have no axis control over the plane at all!!! I can take off with flaps and trim but both on ground and in the air the rudder does not work and nor do the ailerons!! What is happening! I was really looking forward to flying it! control locks are off!

Please help me

Andrew

SanderK
Airman

Post by SanderK »

Having the same issue here. I only use a very simple joystick without rudder pedals, so I operate the rudder with buttons on my stick. Since this way of control input isn't really great to use while flying I have autorudder enabled, which turns out to be a good temporary solution in this case. When enabled you can steer the plane on the ground by aileron input as it will also move the rudder. Nevertheless I hope this issue will be addressed soon.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”