Can't do a coordinated turn without lots of rudder

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Alec246
Airman First Class

Can't do a coordinated turn without lots of rudder

Post by Alec246 »

Hey

So, I'm finding very strange the way the C172 is reacting. When I enter the turn, I press the rudder for the adverse yaw, all is fine. But the issue is after I enter the turn, it keeps asking for more and more rudder, even with my ailerons neutral. Isn't the rudder due to adverse Yaw, that is no longer happening, so we wouldn't need to add almost any rudder during the turn?

I'm having some serious difficulties to keep this plane coordinated! Any help?

Thanks!

Oh, of course I'm using a rudder pedal!

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Re: Can't do a coordinated turn without lots of rudder

Post by Caldemeyn »

Do you have by any chance the autorudder in options checked? what about sensitivity of rudder axis in fsx, as well as null zones? Do you calibrate controls with FSUIPC ? Maybe check if your rudder pedals correctly register their motion. Check your realism settings too.
Last edited by Caldemeyn on 02 Sep 2013, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.

Alec246
Airman First Class

Post by Alec246 »

I don't have auto rudder checked. The sensitivity is 100%, Nullzone 0%. My rudders are working fine, I fly with it all the time. I think maybe it's the Ball of the turn coordinator that is acting strange. I don't know, are you all having a proper coordinated turn without having to use almost full rudder?

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Alec,

We found some flaws with the FSX ball during development but the fix wasn't that simple. This is on our list of things to investigate as we move forward.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Alec246
Airman First Class

Post by Alec246 »

Scott - A2A wrote:Alec,

We found some flaws with the FSX ball during development but the fix wasn't that simple. This is on our list of things to investigate as we move forward.

Scott.
Yes, the FSX Turn Coordinator never worked properly!

Well, glad to know you'll take a look into it. It's one of the most important instruments on the C172, in my opinion, since we don't have the motion to feel an uncoordinated turn.

froogle
Airman

Post by froogle »

Was just finding the same thing and thought my pedals were just hyper sensitive. I guess for the time being we'll just have to do what my instructor in the 172 always yelled at me, and look out the window for the visual cues of adverse yaw.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”