Toe brakes with Saitek pedals/ beggage door

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
MatzeH84
Staff Sergeant

Toe brakes with Saitek pedals/ beggage door

Post by MatzeH84 »

Just did some circuits and one short trip, I must say: An absolutely amazing piece of software and the best small GA plane ever produced for FSX!

I am using saitek throttle, yoke and pedals and have FSUIPC registered, in which I configured the toe brakes; this setup works well on every addon. On the 172 however, I can brake normaly until about 3/4 of travel. If I go beyond this point with both brakes they will return to the zero position. Using only the left or the right brake will apply full travel of the pedal. In SFUIPC it all looks normal, so I guess it must be an issue with the 172..?

And.. it would be great if you could open the beggage door to put some stuff in it. But I also found out what you are hiding in there, so I guess it won't be possible.. ;)

I really hope you will add interactive passengers later on, I found this really great on the Cub. :)

Edit: If I understand correctly, we can choose to switch to a used aircraft or we can start with a fresh one.. so confirm it is not possible to 'own' a 172 let's say in germany which you take care of, and then go to the US and rent some used 172? I mean, you can't go back to the plane you cared for..

Regards,
Matthias
Kind regards, Matthias

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Toe brakes with Saitek pedals/ beggage door

Post by Scott - A2A »

Mathias,

Right now, there is one aircraft you can maintain, however, we're working on a general utility that if successful, will help with all aircraft management, including Accu-Sim.

Regarding the pedals, I pointed this thread to another one of our developers who knows more about the controls.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

rfoshaug
Airman

Post by rfoshaug »

Same issue here with Saitek pedals.

If I apply brakes slowly, I can move the pedals all the way to max, but if I apply brakes quickly, the 172 will return to zero braking even though the physical pedals are depressed and everything looks fine in FSUIPC.

So the issue depends on how rapidly I apply the brakes.

BTW, congratulations on another great aircraft! The A2A Cessna 172 will be a sim classic just as the real 172 is an aviation classic.

rfoshaug
Airman

Post by rfoshaug »

Update:

If I apply only one of the toe brakes it works fine, but if I then apply the other, once it passes a certain point, the first that was applied, drops off. So if I apply left brake max, it works fine, until the right brake is applied more than about 50-75%, then the left brake is released even though the physical pedal is still applied.

I suspect it has something to do with the parking brake mechanics?

EDIT: and it doesn't matter if I in FSUIPC assign pedals as "send direct to FSUIPC calibration" or if I assign as "send to FS as normal axis".

Krycekuk
Staff Sergeant

Post by Krycekuk »

I have had problems with other A2A aircraft brakes releasing when pushed down towards maximum using my rudder pedals/toe brakes.

For those using FSUIPC go into the fsuipc.ini and find "BrakeReleaseThreshold = 75" Set it to 0. This fixed the problem for me but it will mean that pushing the toe brakes will no longer disengage the parking brake, but I didn't tend to use that feature.

There was an old thread about it but I can't find it at the moment.
ASUS Maximus VIII Hero mb
Intel i7 6700K 4 Core @4.5GHz
850 Pro 512Gb SSD for Win 10 64 bit, 1Tb M2 for MSFS
Corsair Vengeance 32Gb DDR4 3000
nVidia 2070 Super
TrackIR 5, Honeycomb controls, Saitek panels
Every A2A Accu-sim aircraft

haskell
Airman

Post by haskell »

THAT fixed it! Thanks so much for sharing.

LOVE this plane!

Fabo
Airman First Class

Post by Fabo »

Woohoo!

Wealth of knowledge and all. I run off the runway yesterday because of this. I guess forgetting the flaps at 10 helped a bit (I floated a fair bit down the runway from a too fast approach), but I couldn't brake on the grass. I guess on the real airport I would need a new nosegear and probably a new prop. Thankfully in sim it is OK.

Now, just to wait for the paintkit. While the typical Cessna around here is an older model, I guess I will still want to model a couple of them. OM-AIR, OM-KAB, OM-LSK. OK-CWF. Maybe OK-UTC. Or OK-JKF.

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tigerclaw »

Krycekuk wrote:For those using FSUIPC go into the fsuipc.ini and find "BrakeReleaseThreshold = 75" Set it to 0. This fixed the problem for me but it will mean that pushing the toe brakes will no longer disengage the parking brake, but I didn't tend to use that feature.

Yep solved the problem here too. Thanks for that :)
Tony (That's all your getting, like it or lump it)

MSFS i7-7700 Kaby Lake CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores (Liquid cooled) Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF M/Board 32 Gig DDR4 Ram Nvidia GTX 1080ti 11GB GDDR 5 Win 10 Home Acer Predator XB271HU.

crum
Senior Airman

Post by crum »

Same issue, same fix. Thanks for sharing.

CH Pro Pedals tested with both FSUIPC and direct FSX axis settings.
Artem Crum
EASA PPL-SEL
LINDA Developer

rfoshaug
Airman

Post by rfoshaug »

Problem solved - thanks a lot! :)

neilintheus
Airman

Post by neilintheus »

Scott - A2A wrote:Mathias,

Right now, there is one aircraft you can maintain, however, we're working on a general utility that if successful, will help with all aircraft management, including Accu-Sim.

Regarding the pedals, I pointed this thread to another one of our developers who knows more about the controls.

Scott.
Hi Scott,

Do you have any details on the above? I've always thought that there is a gap in the market for a general failure generation and wear engine. Kind of like Accu-Feel, but for maintenance.

All the best,

Neil

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”