Missing some sounds in FSX replay mode...

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
flapsdown
Airman

Missing some sounds in FSX replay mode...

Post by flapsdown »

When I go to replay a landing etc. in FSX, many (most), of the sounds you hear in normal flying are missing (engine etc.).

Chris B.
aka "Flapsdown"

maubrenta
Senior Airman

Re: Missing some sounds in FSX replay mode...

Post by maubrenta »

FSX native replay doesn't work right with complex add-ons. I would recomend FSRecorder if you want proper replay mode.

flapsdown
Airman

Post by flapsdown »

maubrenta wrote:FSX native replay doesn't work right with complex add-ons. I would recomend FSRecorder if you want proper replay mode.
Hmm, well, I have never had any sound issues in "replay" with any other aircraft (3rd party or otherwise), so I guess I'll see what A2A thinks :D

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

flapsdown wrote: Hmm, well, I have never had any sound issues in "replay" with any other aircraft (3rd party or otherwise), so I guess I'll see what A2A thinks :D
He's right for the most part. Because so much of these Accusim addons were developed outside FSX there are some issues with replay. Your plane will even accrue wear in replay. Just the nature of the beast and it has made filming it a little more complex than standard addons. I also recommend FSRecorder because of this.
ImageImage
ImageImage

flapsdown
Airman

Post by flapsdown »

CodyValkyrie wrote:
flapsdown wrote: Hmm, well, I have never had any sound issues in "replay" with any other aircraft (3rd party or otherwise), so I guess I'll see what A2A thinks :D
He's right for the most part. Because so much of these Accusim addons were developed outside FSX there are some issues with replay. Your plane will even accrue wear in replay. Just the nature of the beast and it has made filming it a little more complex than standard addons. I also recommend FSRecorder because of this.
Just to be clear, this is inside a flying session using the "Instant Replay" of FSX, not going back and looking at a "saved flight" (but perhaps this doesn't matter at all though)...

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

They should essentially react the same so it doesn't particularly matter. There are some differences but it is semantics. Not the kinds of things you notice until you are spending years filming the simulator LOL.
ImageImage
ImageImage

flapsdown
Airman

Post by flapsdown »

CodyValkyrie wrote:They should essentially react the same so it doesn't particularly matter. There are some differences but it is semantics. Not the kinds of things you notice until you are spending years filming the simulator LOL.
Okay, thanks for info - despite having been in the flight-sim hobby since the dawn of time, this is my first A2A/AccuSim add-on (besides Accu-Feel), so I don't even know what I don't know yet in "this end of the pool" :mrgreen:

flapsdown
Airman

Post by flapsdown »

A quick side note, it seems that from outside the aircraft in the "spot", "locked spot" views etc. while in instant replay, I do get basically most sounds, its only from being inside the VC where it's really drop dead quiet - my PC could be possessed I guess :mrgreen:

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”