"VOLTS"

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

"VOLTS"

Post by ryanbatc »

After install of 1.6, and maintenance overhaul, I'm still getting VOLTS message. What am I missing?

Another thread said the battery is automatically recharged when maintenance garage is opened.

Starting is impossible. The engine will turn over with the starter engaged but won't run. Only way to start is cltr+E. Even after that VOLTS is still on.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: "VOLTS"

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Ryan,

Yes the battery is auto charged when you enter the hanger. However if you are using any battery tweaks such as those in FSUIPC these may interfere with the Accu-sim simulation.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

Not using any battery tweaks.

Is there anything else I should do?

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

What voltage do you see on the voltage gauge?
After engine auto-start does the message disappear when revving up to approx. 1000 RPM? (this may take a few until the battery is recovering from low voltage). In any case as soon as the voltage is above 24.5 V the message should go away.
I do not see any such behaviour after updating to V1.6 on my 3 different installs :lol:
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

I did a complete reinstall plus accusim update. I can auto start and message goes away.

I cannot start manually. Still have low volts. I'll have to look at the LCD next time I try to start from C+D.

VulcanB2
Master Sergeant

Post by VulcanB2 »

I found when I first installed the engine had no oil, which was interesting to say the least. :D Ater an engine failure shortly after takeoff, I realized what was happening.

Try changing the battery size and see if it loads with a full charge.

Best regards,
Robin.
A2A/AccuSim. 'nuff said!

zinny
Airman

Post by zinny »

Are you pushing in the fuel cutoff lever?
Auto start i think does that for you
ImageImage

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

So I have this again...

Brand new FSX installl, all patched and ready to go.

Install C172.

Install 1.6 core update.

VOLTS and can't manually start.

What is up?

kapjadi
Senior Airman

Post by kapjadi »

Looks like you forgetting to switch on the alternator, if you auto start alternator is also on,that's why the message disappear. :wink:

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

Nope I have that on.... the two red master switches are on.

Fuel cutoff is pushed in

Basically I do masters on, any required lighting, fuel cutoff pushed in, fuel pump for about 5 seconds to get the fp up, mixture (I've tried idle, leaned and rich), then crank.

Even if I do auto start I still get the VOLTS message.... bizzare huh?

kapjadi
Senior Airman

Post by kapjadi »

Did you try to change the battery at the maintenance hangar? It might need to charge your battery.Shift 7.

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

Have you changed your default flight from the normal Trike flight over Friday Harbor? If you have, you should revert it back to the normal default. Setting up a "cold and dark" situation in a default flight can cause issues with complex addons that don't follow some of the default FSX coding. Basically certain variables like alternator on/off are not necessarily used the same way by an addon, so when they are loaded with that variable "off", its custom coding doesn't change it and it can cause issues like what you're seeing. Control-e on the other hand might change that variable, giving you a normal start. Confusing, I know, but that's how it goes.

If you haven't changed the default flight, are you following the shift-2 panel's checklist step by step?

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

Battery is new.... a complete overhaul won't fix it.

Now you mentioned default flight. My default flight is stock C172 cold and dark. This MAY be playing a role. I guess you can't please all developers because for some addons in order for their cold and dark setup to work my default flight must be cold and dark.

I'll play around with a "hot" setup to see if that makes a difference.

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

I suspected you had made a cold and dark default flight. That's only a good idea for add ons that basically just use standard FSX "sdk" style coding. RealAir is a good example where they don't do much if anything beyond default FSX systems, so the cold and dark default flight works nicely with them.

Accu-sim on the other hand runs so many variables outside of FSX that you can't expect it to always function the same way a more simplistic aircraft does.

Try the default trike flight and if that works, you could just take a cold and dark default flight but leave the alt on (or whatever the culprit turns out being) so it 99% cold and dark for the other add ons and still works fine for the C172.

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

I tried ctrl+E for the default C172 (after loaded cold and dark from my default flight)

Still get the VOLTS issue when starting A2A - and it will not start. Battery also seems to get depleted very rapidly between flights (where I use auto start). So I constantly have to charge it in the hangar.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”