EZdok EZCA + 172

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
DunMac
Airman Basic

Re: EZdok EZCA + 172

Post by DunMac »

Hello,
I have found that by using the arrow keys exclusively for the A2A Trainer 172 walk around starting at the end and working backward around the aircraft works fine. ONLY the arrow key moving backward works for me. I didn't have to change a thing in any config. files or rearrange camera definitions. I use EZCA and TrackIR.

Cheers,
DunMac

A2A Sim Store
A2A Cessna Trainer 172R
Order Number: 87122
Date Ordered: Saturday 08 March, 2014

pilot37
Senior Airman

Post by pilot37 »

Sorry to dig up an old topic but whilst this fix works, the external ezdok cameras still default to using internal view graphics so much of the external structure (that you would not normally see from inside) is missing in the external views. I guess switching off ezdok for the walkaround is the only solution? Reconfiguring ezdok just adds the ezdoc camera file to the bottom of the aircraft.cfg again.

pilot37
Senior Airman

Post by pilot37 »

pilot37 wrote:Sorry to dig up an old topic but whilst this fix works, the external ezdok cameras still default to using internal view graphics so much of the external structure (that you would not normally see from inside) is missing in the external views. I guess switching off ezdok for the walkaround is the only solution? Reconfiguring ezdok just adds the ezdoc camera file to the bottom of the aircraft.cfg again.
OK, I have it working.....using the reverse direction < button on the Shift 8 menu.

EZDok external views working perfectly

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

There is so much wrong advice floating around about using the ezdok system with the walk around.
Read the section in the FAQ, make the changes to the camera definitions, reload aircraft, start in the vc, shift 8 starts the walk around function, start clicking the right arrow button on the information box.
Every other advice is forcing the user to perform the walk around not as intended. Ie backwards.
Hope this clears things up.
Cheers
Trev

pilot37
Senior Airman

Post by pilot37 »

The FAQ doesn't give the full story and reading the thread again and again and threads outside of the forum led me up some dead ends, including mad attempts to configure all my own EZDOK walk around cameras!.

The solution was actually really simple and staring me in the face. The reverse walk around using the "<" button is the key. Changing the aircraft cfg file just messes up the external EZDOK views.

There is nothing wrong with A2A or EZDOK, just a slight clash of territory trying to make FSX great.

Andydigital
Airman First Class

Post by Andydigital »

That's just the thing though you dont need to press the backwards button the > forwards button work as well, just dont attempt to use the EZDok or FSX key commands A and Shift A to move through the walk around cameras or you will have problems.
cheers,
Andy

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”