EZdok EZCA + 172

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
robnewman
Airman

Re: EZdok EZCA + 172

Post by robnewman »

molleh wrote:
jgraddon wrote:
SolRayz wrote:Molleh solution works...just read his words carefully and edit the walk around xml yourself. Its actually quite easy. Just add one extra NEXT_SUB_VIEW command to each station. I didn't bother removing the arrow buttons like he did, because they still work if you go to the first station first. If you scroll down the xml, you will see where to add the extra commands.

Surely A2A will fix this in an upcoming update.
Yes this works but the exterior views still get messed up when you create exterior views with EzDok.
No it must be something on your end, EZdok works fine the whole issue just comes into play with the walkaround interface. Every other facet of EZCA works perfectly with the 172 without or without my "tweak."
+1...

I also had issues with the external views, but I just ran the EZCA configurator again... External views worked perfectly after that!

With the .xml edits and now the fixed external view, I'm a very happy camper...

jgraddon
Senior Airman

Post by jgraddon »

Thanks everyone, I will try again this afternoon.

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Molleh, check PM, please.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

jgraddon
Senior Airman

Post by jgraddon »

Yes everything does work with this modification to the walkaround XML but the outside views you get with EZdok are not true outside views but external VC views meant to be seen from inside the cockpit so some textures are missing. I wish I was allowed to upload a screenshot because then you would see what I mean. But use EZDok and go out side and look down on the aircraft and the tops of the elevators are black and the brakes are missing from the wheels.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

To post a screenshot you need to host it somewhere and then link to it here using the [img] tags for it to display as an image.

thanks
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

jgraddon that is just a classic example of forgetting to run the ezca config utility. It means your aircraft.cfg for the 172 does not have the "EZdok universal camera" definition added, which is what the config tool does.

jgraddon
Senior Airman

Post by jgraddon »

molleh wrote:jgraddon that is just a classic example of forgetting to run the ezca config utility. It means your aircraft.cfg for the 172 does not have the "EZdok universal camera" definition added, which is what the config tool does.

I wish that was the case but it is not!

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

Can you show me a screenshot of the end of your aircraft.cfg and also a screenshot of your ezdok camera studio open with the 172 loaded?

Also if you edited your aircraft.cfg with the lines I posted a few days ago, you need to go back to the original aircraft.cfg because my first "fix" didn't work.

Bellc09
Airman

Post by Bellc09 »

Hey, I was wondering if any progress has been made with this issue, just bought this and put my first couple hours on her, but I feel like I'm missing WAY to much with this issue.

Doesn't help that I have a 3 screen setup which blows default views up and makes life awkward without some editing. So TrackIR and EZDok have helped a lot to mitigate that.
Image - Image - Image

André
Airman First Class

Post by André »

Tigerclaw wrote:I have EZDok installed, and the cameras are all working fine to start with.

So I proceeded to go through the <shift>1, <shift>2 etc pop up windows. All worked fine upto <shift>8 as you guys have found. But, and here is where I think we can work with this, I pressed my "S" key to bring up an FSX default view, and INSTEAD of using the little "<" and ">" to walk round the plane, I pressed the little DOTS to select the stations to look at. I did it TWICE to make sure, and with a bit hat switch movement it was all working fine. The first time I missed the step where you go inside to turn on battery and pitot heat, but I got it second time okay.

Now here's the bit that threw me quite a lot. Once I had finished my walk round, it took a little time for my PC to redraw the VC. When it had finished the redraw, I couldn't see a thing. The whole cockpit had bloody misted up :lol: Thanks for that A2A, nice of you to warn us :lol:

Now I'm going to just sit here on the apron and admire this bird for the rest of the night.

I hope this helps others with EZDok, as I found it quite a nice experience. :)
Might be getting my C172 today. Hopefully this is as easy as it seemed :)

Maybe someone at EZDock has a solution?

Cheers

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Check out my solution in the FAQ post.
Cheers
Trev

THibben
Staff Sergeant

Post by THibben »

As I put in a topic yesterday, just turn off EZDOCK when doing the preflight then turn it back on when your are finished.
Works great that way.

Tom

smokeyupahead
Staff Sergeant

Post by smokeyupahead »

THibben wrote:As I put in a topic yesterday, just turn off EZDOCK when doing the preflight then turn it back on when your are finished.
Works great that way.

Tom
You don't have to turn it off, if you move the Ezdok camera definition section at the top of you entries and rename the others in sequence...
I have done that and it works like a charm!
Look at the Faqs, detailed instructions are posted there.

David
Cheers,
David DD

André
Airman First Class

Post by André »

I do this for the lazy one's :lol:
Here's the text and link:
EZDOK USERS
From community member 'Treetops';

In the aircraft.cfg file, cut the eazidok camera entry at the bottom and paste in just above the camera.0 entry. Renumber all the camera numbers to be consecutive. 0,1,2 etc. Backup the file first.

Remember to repeat after each new update where the cfg is replaced with a new one.

This works perfectly. Start in the vc as intended, then start clicking the right arrow in the walkaround menu shift 8
source: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 08&t=35640

THibben
Staff Sergeant

Post by THibben »

smokeyupahead wrote:
THibben wrote:As I put in a topic yesterday, just turn off EZDOCK when doing the preflight then turn it back on when your are finished.
Works great that way.

Tom
You don't have to turn it off, if you move the Ezdok camera definition section at the top of you entries and rename the others in sequence...
I have done that and it works like a charm!
Look at the Faqs, detailed instructions are posted there.

I just turn it off, run the pre flt and then turn it back on. When we get a .cfg that won't be changing then I will make the change to the config.

Tom

David

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”