Radio Stack? +zoom keys?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
kberg
Airman

Radio Stack? +zoom keys?

Post by kberg »

Hi,

Setting up how I interact with the A2A C172. Two issues have surfaced.

I have discovered that the 2D display is not functional according to forum posts. It was suggested there are zoom keys that can move your view in and out, but can not figure out what they are? :( Sorry if I am missing something basic.

2nd issue, is when I pulled up the radio stack, I got strange numbers in the digital readouts for comm and nav radios, both active and standby. I tried to upload a picture but says board attachment quota has been reached. I tried 3 times to get a attachment small enough, but did not :-((((. Anyway, the numbers in the Nav1 display is 224/81 (113.700) and 225/31(114.200). the numbers in parenthesis are what the freqq should be in the display? What is causing this?

The numbers for ADF XPDR seem to be ok.

Thanks,

Kent.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Radio Stack? +zoom keys?

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Kent,
kberg wrote:I have discovered that the 2D display is not functional according to forum posts. It was suggested there are zoom keys that can move your view in and out, but can not figure out what they are?
By default in FSX, the + and - keys will zoom your viewpoint in or out. You are correct that 2-D panels are not provided.
kberg wrote:2nd issue, is when I pulled up the radio stack, I got strange numbers in the digital readouts for comm and nav radios, both active and standby. I tried to upload a picture but says board attachment quota has been reached. I tried 3 times to get a attachment small enough, but did not (((. Anyway, the numbers in the Nav1 display is 224/81 (113.700) and 225/31(114.200). the numbers in parenthesis are what the freqq should be in the display? What is causing this?
One possible culprit for distortion of digits in the nav radios is not having "high resolution 3-D virtual cockpit" ticked in the sim's display settings (this setting is in the "aircraft" tab).

However, it'll help to see a screenshot. To attach images to your post, you'll need to host them on a file/image sharing site. More info on this here.

Thanks,
Nick

kberg
Airman

Post by kberg »

Hi Nick,

OK, I sorted out the +/- keys to zoom. I think I knew about that years ago, but have forgotten...getting old is no fun :oops:

As for the issue with the radio display that has cleared up when I opened it again. I did not have one of those programs, so I signed up for imgur. Thanks for the information. That is going to be handy...

Anyway, here is what I was looking at before. When I opened up the program again the numbers reflect comm and nav stations. 1112.20 and 109.00 for example.

I would be interested in what might cause this

thanks again, Kent.

http://imgur.com/a/f6Aiy

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for posting the screenshot of the radio stack Kent. I'm afraid I've not seen that one before, but I suspect it's a glitch related to the initialisation of the product in the sim.

There are some advanced features of the Bendix King radio (the avionics tutorial videos here are well worth a watch) but none of them will result in the displays looking like they do in your image as far as I'm aware.

It's often recommended to load a simple default aircraft in FSX then switch to the A2A add-on to avoid odd issues like this.

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”