Question regarding textuiring the VC

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
Easton Williams
Airman Basic

Question regarding textuiring the VC

Post by Easton Williams »

I have a question regarding texturing the VC, how would I take the current VC, or other VC's made by other people and upscale the textures to 4096x4096 from what seems to be 1024x1024?

I love the plane, and the VC is amazing, and especially some of the freeware ones but I feel as if with my sim running in 4k and max settings, and with the new 64bit sim and hardware that is available that the textures could be upscaled as there are not any limitations anymore. I am willing to do it myself, have a basic fundamental knowledge of texturing and game design (3d modeling programs and 3d texturing software) but don't know for certain how I would take some already made VCs into my applications and upscale them, is there also a model file that goes with the UV'd VC? Because if I am not mistaken, if the original unwrapped VC was rendered in 1024x1024 then there is no way for me to upscale it to 4096x4096.

After I figure this out id like to try to create my own VC textures from scratch and giving it some personal touches, maybe even add it to avisim.

Thanks,

Easton

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”