Cannot Access Maintenance Hangar or Fuel Plane..

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
Adapa
Airman Basic

Cannot Access Maintenance Hangar or Fuel Plane..

Post by Adapa »

So unfortunately I've been at this for just about a month now and have attempted manyy different angles and nothing has worked obviously. Was hoping you could help me find a solution or point me in the right direction before I give up on this.. :(

The plane loads into my sim and I can click buttons and flip switches (all works), however, when I try and enter the maintenance hangar (Through Shift-7), I am presented with the sign,
"Access to Maintenance Hangar only when on ground and engine off.
Click to bypass."

Yet when I click, nothing happens... I've reinstalled multiple times and tried different installations, thinking it was something involving that, but always get the same result. The aircraft is in a cold and dark state, with nothing on or running, so not sure why I'd get this message. At this point, I have yet to access the maintenance hangar or start this plane.. :|

Note:

1. I didn't install with a firewall up
2. Have read multiple forums on possible solutions.
3. Fuel gauge doesn't increase, even after I fill it within the shift panels (Fill Oil as well)
4. No circuit breakers are out
5. I'm Using Windows 10 + P3Dv4.2

Am I missing something here? Had one individual I read about that had a similar issue, yet no one was able to give a solution. (Link Below)
https://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vi ... 08&t=42743

Thanks for your time and patience reading all of this.
Sincerely,

Thomas.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Cannot Access Maintenance Hangar or Fuel Plane..

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Thomas and welcome to the forums.

I think the first thing for you to try here might be a reinstallation of the legacy SimConnect client.

The default location for the file is: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi.

I've borrowed the image below from from forum member "Poppet", but this is what you should be doing to install SimConnect...

If this doesn't help, please can you let us know if you're using any other add-ons which may affect the loading of the C172.

Finally, it's always a good idea to launch the startup flight with a simple default aircraft before you switch to a complex add-on like the C172. In your case, which aircraft is currently loaded with the default flight?

Thanks,
Nick

Adapa
Airman Basic

Post by Adapa »

As far as addons, I have all of the Orbx products installed and New York City X. That's it.

Tried the "Simconnect" possibility and no luck.. Tried a few times.

I was finally able to get the Cessna into the air earlier today; however, I didn't turn anything on. All I did was spawn the aircraft, clicked "Auto-Start", which didn't change much, released the chocks and gave it some throttle... It took off without the propeller spinning at all. The aircraft was completely off and it did this. Then kept flying at one speed basically. Gauges weren't working or anything. Wasn't really affected by conditions... Was almost a static feeling. Idk. Im just throwing stuff out there so maybe it's something you've seen before and you could fine tune a solution.

- The F22 is loaded for the default flight, then I switch over to the Cessna. That's what you mean, right?

Lastly, I went to log into my account on A2Asimulations.com (Store) and I went to recent orders and found that there was nothing there. Usually I could see my order of the Cessna and how many downloads and I have left and what not. Wanted to see if I could reinstall and try this again.. Idk, I'm lost!

Again, I appreciate you helping me figure this all out!
-Thomas

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Thomas,

We've recently launched a new web store and new installers for the Prepar3D product line, so the next step is for you to get hold of the new 172 installer.

Please can you follow the advice in this pinned announcement about transferring your account.

Some further info on the installation process can be found here.

Thanks,
Nick

Adapa
Airman Basic

Post by Adapa »

Hey, all of my links have expired as far as installations go... Could you refresh the links for me so I can continue to try and figure out how to get this working? Tried with the new installer and still no luck.. Going to have to try a few more things..

Thanks so much!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

please see Nicks response, also when you download if you save to a safe place on your computer you wont have to download everytime you want to install. For example I have a flioght sim addons folder on one of my hard drives where I save add-ons and repaints etc so once I have them, I have them as I never know if a company will stop selling or if a website goes down and a repaint is lost etc.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”