new a2a purchase

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
Jimimac
Airman

new a2a purchase

Post by Jimimac »

hi I have been flying the 172 trainer for awhile and have really enjoyed flying this aircraft in fsx but have now made the move over to p3dv4.2 and realize I have to make a new purchase to use the 172 in p3d so thought it would be the right time to go with a new aircraft and I am thinking of the Comanche because of the retractable gear and faster speed so I am looking for opinions on this aircraft also I would like to use the gtn 650/750 if possible in the Comanche and are there any problems using this aircraft in p3d,thank you for any advice

Jim

avduarri
Senior Airman

Re: new a2a purchase

Post by avduarri »

Hi,

I have the Comanche with the GTN, and the only "issue" is that it's not easy to fly a GPS aproach due to the autopilot.
For the rest it works like a charm.
But I prefer to use the GTN with the Skylane due to the better autopilot allowing to follow easy a flightplan or precision aproaches. That said, I mostly fly VFR doing dead reckoning so the GPS is only a backup.

PD: sorry for my grammar, I don't use english and I dont have the dictionary on hand.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

The STEC-30 autopilot is faithfully replicated by A2A, and it does not have GPSS in this particular installation they have modeled. As a result, it will overshoot turns when changing course.

The simple procedure to follow, which is the same procedure used by many pilots in many GA aircraft even in jets, is to go to HDG mode and drive the autopilot to the new course in anticipation of the turn. Once established in the course, go back to a NAV mode. You can also leave the aircraft in heading mode and just generally track the course which is also perfectly realistic and acceptable.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Jimimac
Airman

Post by Jimimac »

as I will mostly fly vfr in this aircraft I have changed my mind about installing a gtn I will use the Comanche as it comes and use plan g for flight planing using navigational aids.

thanks,jim

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I have the Comanche and really like it! Started in FSX, now running P3Dv4.2. I've looked at Flight1 stuff, but run the stock in-dash Garmin 400. Yesterday I flew a lady friend from Arlington (KAWO) to Felps (KSFF).

You won't go wrong with the Comanche.

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”