A2A Development Update 4/8/18

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: A2A Development Update 4/8/18

Post by Lewis - A2A »

P-51's will be coming just Spitfire first 8)

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I know you guys are saying if it ain't broke, don't fix it, but Lewis's last post definitely demonstrates the need for a "Thank You" or a "Thumbs Up" button on this forum!

YES! There WILL be a P3Dv4 Civilian Mustang!! I hope it comes out sooner rather than later... I'm guessing that it will incorporate all the new things that we've seen with subsequent A2A aircraft, and maybe some of those really cool features as well, such as the enhanced cockpit lighting that we've seen in the P3Dv4 Comanche and Texan.

@ Lewis: Froogle's most recent YouTube video includes a Lancaster.

Seeya
ATB

Krycekuk
Staff Sergeant

Post by Krycekuk »

Don't forget to give the B-17 some P3D love. I really miss flying her since moving from FSX to P3D.

Ooooo and 303 posts, I'm sure there is some connection there with the Spitfire ;)
ASUS Maximus VIII Hero mb
Intel i7 6700K 4 Core @4.5GHz
850 Pro 512Gb SSD for Win 10 64 bit, 1Tb M2 for MSFS
Corsair Vengeance 32Gb DDR4 3000
nVidia 2070 Super
TrackIR 5, Honeycomb controls, Saitek panels
Every A2A Accu-sim aircraft

caleb1
Senior Airman

Post by caleb1 »

Krycekuk wrote:Don't forget to give the B-17 some P3D love. I really miss flying her since moving from FSX to P3D.

Ooooo and 303 posts, I'm sure there is some connection there with the Spitfire ;)
I agree, I would like to see the B-17 in P3D. Also, if you don't mind me asking, how is the number 303 related to the spitfire? :)

Caleb
Caleb Byers

A2A Hanger: C182, C172, PA-28, PA-24, J3

PC: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz to 4.0 GHz, 24GB RAM, GTX 745 with 4GB VRAM, 2TB SSHD, Win 10 Home x64.

Simulators: P3D v3.4, P3D v4.5, FSX:SE

Real Hanger at FD08: 1956 C172, 1964 PA-24 400

Krycekuk
Staff Sergeant

Post by Krycekuk »

caleb1 wrote:
Krycekuk wrote:Don't forget to give the B-17 some P3D love. I really miss flying her since moving from FSX to P3D.

I agree, I would like to see the B-17 in P3D. Also, if you don't mind me asking, how is the number 303 related to the spitfire? :)

Caleb

Well now I have to post and it becomes 304 its lost the significance ;)

The Spitfire had browning .303 machine guns. That was my tenuous connection with my amount of posts and the discussion of the A2A Spitfire making its way over to P3D
ASUS Maximus VIII Hero mb
Intel i7 6700K 4 Core @4.5GHz
850 Pro 512Gb SSD for Win 10 64 bit, 1Tb M2 for MSFS
Corsair Vengeance 32Gb DDR4 3000
nVidia 2070 Super
TrackIR 5, Honeycomb controls, Saitek panels
Every A2A Accu-sim aircraft

caleb1
Senior Airman

Post by caleb1 »

Krycekuk wrote:
caleb1 wrote:

Caleb

Well now I have to post and it becomes 304 its lost the significance ;)

The Spitfire had browning .303 machine guns. That was my tenuous connection with my amount of posts and the discussion of the A2A Spitfire making its way over to P3D
Ok, I see now. Thanks for the clarification. Sorry to make you make another post to mess the number up. :D :D
Caleb Byers

A2A Hanger: C182, C172, PA-28, PA-24, J3

PC: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz to 4.0 GHz, 24GB RAM, GTX 745 with 4GB VRAM, 2TB SSHD, Win 10 Home x64.

Simulators: P3D v3.4, P3D v4.5, FSX:SE

Real Hanger at FD08: 1956 C172, 1964 PA-24 400

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

Can't wait to hear more on the V35B Bonanza

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Just a small update. We're working on some new technology for the Bonanza, mainly a deeper modeling of the analog / steam gauges. We could have just pushed the Bo out the door as is but we ended up seeing something that interested us and are now following it. It's pushed things ahead a bit, but as someone who has owned and operated a bunch of older airplanes without digital panels, it's become more apparent that those pilots like myself who have become used to operating these kinds of physical cockpit environments, it's a different experience and skill set to those who have only operated new / glass cockpits.

So we've been consulting with our friends in the avionics field and are looking deeper into these gauges, in all of their beautiful imperfections. I expect next week this new avionics system will be in alpha, and then we can start to put everything together for beta.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Scott - A2A wrote:Just a small update. We're working on some new technology for the Bonanza, mainly a deeper modeling of the analog / steam gauges. We could have just pushed the Bo out the door as is but we ended up seeing something that interested us and are now following it. It's pushed things ahead a bit, but as someone who has owned and operated a bunch of older airplanes without digital panels, it's become more apparent that those pilots like myself who have become used to operating these kinds of physical cockpit environments, it's a different experience and skill set to those who have only operated new / glass cockpits.

So we've been consulting with our friends in the avionics field and are looking deeper into these gauges, in all of their beautiful imperfections. I expect next week this new avionics system will be in alpha, and then we can start to put everything together for beta.

Scott.
Oh... this was my top one wish since a hint of upcoming 172. :) And perhaps the biggest issue since on the core platform. Finally?

-Esa

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Scott - A2A wrote:Just a small update. We're working on some new technology for the Bonanza, mainly a deeper modeling of the analog / steam gauges. We could have just pushed the Bo out the door as is but we ended up seeing something that interested us and are now following it. It's pushed things ahead a bit, but as someone who has owned and operated a bunch of older airplanes without digital panels, it's become more apparent that those pilots like myself who have become used to operating these kinds of physical cockpit environments, it's a different experience and skill set to those who have only operated new / glass cockpits.

Scott.
Lovely! This is the kind of thing that tickles me, and the deeper the modeling the more immersion one gets. Take your time! I’ll be here with bells on (and a fully charged credit card at hand!). :)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

That is why I love to fly A2A aircraft, and am willing to wait for them to be available for v4.
The old birds are just fun to experience even on the ground. Like, for example, the creaky sound when the flaps are 'wound' down or up, at the Me 109 or, of course, the wonderful sight when starting the Spit's engine...
Thank you A2A people, for lovely aircraft!
Volker

Any landing that you can walk away from is a good landing!

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Any chance of previews by the time this goes into beta? :) Such details as proper simulation of instruments score very high in my rankings. This is really what sets an excellent simulation apart from merely good ones: simulation of real-world imperfectness.

May release probably won't happen, but I hope for June release - it would make up full three years since Comanche release. :shock:

Mike62
Airman First Class

Post by Mike62 »

The just released NavStax KingNav Navigation suite would look and work great with the analog panels.

Mike

Carlos2297
Airman

Post by Carlos2297 »

Excellent news! Can't wait for a preview of the panel!
Accu-Sim aircraft: C172 Trainer, C182 Skylane, Piper Cherokee 180, Piper Comanche 250 , T-6 "Texan", Bonanza.

Ryzen 5800x, 32gb 3200mhz ram, rtx3080, W11

1SgtMajor
Staff Sergeant

Post by 1SgtMajor »

Thanks for the update.....

Having spent the majority of my military career as an avionics aircraft tech......I love to see artist keep the old gauges alive. Nothing warms my heart more than to shoot an ILS approach with just the "old" avionics and break out of the goo on the center line. (smile)

Cheers,
Steve R.
SgtMajor, USMC (Retired)

ImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”