The A2A Simulations Community

"Come share your passion for flight"
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 29  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:01 pm 
Technical Sergeant

The worst part is we're only getting an announcement, we don't know when we're actually getting an aircraft.

AviationAtWar on Youtube

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:07 pm 
Chief Master Sergeant

david1952 wrote:
I noticed no one states a year only a month :D

Don’t you dare going there!! :wink: :mrgreen:

AviationAtWar wrote:
The worst part is we're only getting an announcement, we don't know when we're actually getting an aircraft.

Oh crap. I didn’t even think of it this way :shock:
Let’s just hope it’s going to be like it was with the 182. Release about a week or two later after the announcement!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:04 am 
Chief Master Sergeant

Gotta be getting close now right? I’d hate to spend my budget on the just Flight c152 only to find an A2A accusim release around the corner. Since the c172 I’ve gotten every accusim on release day, don’t want to break the streak.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:36 am 
Master Sergeant

n421nj wrote:
Gotta be getting close now right? I’d hate to spend my budget on the just Flight c152 only to find an A2A accusim release around the corner. Since the c172 I’ve gotten every accusim on release day, don’t want to break the streak.

I love the Cessna 152, but I looked at the early videos of the Just Flight one, and will pass on it. It is better than most "flat" addons, but its faaar from the Accusim-standard. Canned starts, bad simulation of propeller physics (alone enough to turn me off), and so forth.

I suggest flying the 172 a bit more while waiting for the next Accusim-plane. It is still on top 4 of GA-addons (along with the 182, Cherokee, and Comanche).

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:55 am 
Technical Sergeant

I've bought a handful of other developers' aircraft and after spending hundreds of hours in A2A planes, everything else I buy gets less than ten flights. I can't speak to the C152, but I have freeware that was done better than stuff I've paid JustFlight for...

AviationAtWar on Youtube

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:47 pm 
Chief Master Sergeant

Oh I agree. Having the justflight tb10&20 and flown it for a bit, it is no way comparable to accusim. Little things like the prop spinning if the engine quits midair are huge and what i love most about accusim planes.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:55 pm 
Master Sergeant

Ditto. I bought the Milviz Baron B55 as I'd reads good reports and I wanted a decent twin. WRONG. :evil: I'm still waiting for a decent twin. You'd think at least the prop would feather on engine out, but it never does which is typical FSX.

Can't wait for A2A's first twin. Hopefully this year......

Cheers,
Mike

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:28 am 
A2A Mechanic

Dogsbody55 wrote:
Ditto. I bought the Milviz Baron B55 as I'd reads good reports and I wanted a decent twin. WRONG. :evil: I'm still waiting for a decent twin. You'd think at least the prop would feather on engine out, but it never does which is typical FSX.
May sound like a dumb question, but did you actually feather the prop? Not being able to feather sounds like a way too big item to overlook in making a twin.

-Esa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:47 am 
Airman First Class

While waiting an a2a twin, I think the better twin options are:
-Milviz c310r, that is being redone and it will be avaliable in the next days. I think it has the best flight model and one-engine beavior you can get today. (This is what real pilots say. Im not a pilot, I only fly radio control planes..)
-RealAir duke v2, that is a bigger bird. Realair is now closed so you can't get it anymore..

I have some real twin gauges for a future a2a twin home cockpit if it comes true.
First I have to finish my comanche home cockpit so I'm not in a hurry.

:)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:35 pm 
Airman

Can someone help me reactivate my account from a defunkt email address
i have lost my cessna 172 and would like to redownload,
thanx in advance
I have tried to contact A2A store through support to no avail, and opened a new account as have done on this forum too
unfortunatly i cant PM any administrators yet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:51 pm 
Master Sergeant

AKar wrote:
Dogsbody55 wrote:
May sound like a dumb question, but did you actually feather the prop? Not being able to feather sounds like a way too big item to overlook in making a twin.

-Esa

Yes, I feathered the prop with the controls available in the VC. But it didn't feather. Repeatedly and on all occasions. Not wasting my money on payware planes again, other than A2A of course. Interestingly, I have a freeware Seminole that does feather the prop and it works first time every time.

Cheers,
Mike

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:59 am 
A2A Mechanic

Dogsbody55 wrote:
Yes, I feathered the prop with the controls available in the VC. But it didn't feather. Repeatedly and on all occasions. Not wasting my money on payware planes again, other than A2A of course. Interestingly, I have a freeware Seminole that does feather the prop and it works first time every time.
That's interesting, yeah. Because as you say, even freeware stuff I've seen around seems to get such basics.

It is possible in a (real) twin for the engine to fail to feather. This occurs if the engine stops spinning for a reason or another before the feathering is performed. If that happens, the centrifugal start locks catch the blades at rather fine pitch when the oil pressure is lost.

-Esa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:42 am 
Airman

any word on when we can expect the warbirds to be V4 ready? I am literally dying waiting as I really miss them! Especially my Spit and B-17... Really miss those two. Love the Cherokee, 172, 182 but so anxious for the others. Has not been an update I've found since December.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:55 am 
Staff Sergeant

c_prowse wrote:
any word on when we can expect the warbirds to be V4 ready? I am literally dying waiting as I really miss them! Especially my Spit and B-17... Really miss those two. Love the Cherokee, 172, 182 but so anxious for the others. Has not been an update I've found since December.

I'm sure the team will talk about that in the upcoming update within the next 15 days.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:21 pm 
Staff Sergeant

So will there be any news soon, as we're in mid-March now? :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 29  Next