A2A Development Update Dec 2017

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Re: A2A Development Update Dec 2017

Post by AviationAtWar »

The worst part is we're only getting an announcement, we don't know when we're actually getting an aircraft.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

david1952 wrote: I noticed no one states a year only a month :D
Don’t you dare going there!! :wink: :mrgreen:
AviationAtWar wrote:The worst part is we're only getting an announcement, we don't know when we're actually getting an aircraft.
Oh crap. I didn’t even think of it this way :shock:
Let’s just hope it’s going to be like it was with the 182. Release about a week or two later after the announcement!
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Gotta be getting close now right? I’d hate to spend my budget on the just Flight c152 only to find an A2A accusim release around the corner. Since the c172 I’ve gotten every accusim on release day, don’t want to break the streak.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

n421nj wrote:Gotta be getting close now right? I’d hate to spend my budget on the just Flight c152 only to find an A2A accusim release around the corner. Since the c172 I’ve gotten every accusim on release day, don’t want to break the streak.
I love the Cessna 152, but I looked at the early videos of the Just Flight one, and will pass on it. It is better than most "flat" addons, but its faaar from the Accusim-standard. Canned starts, bad simulation of propeller physics (alone enough to turn me off), and so forth.

I suggest flying the 172 a bit more while waiting for the next Accusim-plane. It is still on top 4 of GA-addons (along with the 182, Cherokee, and Comanche).
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

I've bought a handful of other developers' aircraft and after spending hundreds of hours in A2A planes, everything else I buy gets less than ten flights. I can't speak to the C152, but I have freeware that was done better than stuff I've paid JustFlight for...

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Oh I agree. Having the justflight tb10&20 and flown it for a bit, it is no way comparable to accusim. Little things like the prop spinning if the engine quits midair are huge and what i love most about accusim planes.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Ditto. I bought the Milviz Baron B55 as I'd reads good reports and I wanted a decent twin. WRONG. :evil: I'm still waiting for a decent twin. You'd think at least the prop would feather on engine out, but it never does which is typical FSX.

Can't wait for A2A's first twin. Hopefully this year......

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Dogsbody55 wrote:Ditto. I bought the Milviz Baron B55 as I'd reads good reports and I wanted a decent twin. WRONG. :evil: I'm still waiting for a decent twin. You'd think at least the prop would feather on engine out, but it never does which is typical FSX.
May sound like a dumb question, but did you actually feather the prop? Not being able to feather sounds like a way too big item to overlook in making a twin.

-Esa

alioth
Senior Airman

Post by alioth »

While waiting an a2a twin, I think the better twin options are:
-Milviz c310r, that is being redone and it will be avaliable in the next days. I think it has the best flight model and one-engine beavior you can get today. (This is what real pilots say. Im not a pilot, I only fly radio control planes..)
-RealAir duke v2, that is a bigger bird. Realair is now closed so you can't get it anymore..

I have some real twin gauges for a future a2a twin home cockpit if it comes true.
First I have to finish my comanche home cockpit so I'm not in a hurry.

:)

mikequinn10
Airman

Post by mikequinn10 »

Can someone help me reactivate my account from a defunkt email address
i have lost my cessna 172 and would like to redownload,
thanx in advance
I have tried to contact A2A store through support to no avail, and opened a new account as have done on this forum too
unfortunatly i cant PM any administrators yet

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

AKar wrote:
Dogsbody55 wrote:Ditto. I bought the Milviz Baron B55 as I'd reads good reports and I wanted a decent twin. WRONG. :evil: I'm still waiting for a decent twin. You'd think at least the prop would feather on engine out, but it never does which is typical FSX.
May sound like a dumb question, but did you actually feather the prop? Not being able to feather sounds like a way too big item to overlook in making a twin.

-Esa

Yes, I feathered the prop with the controls available in the VC. But it didn't feather. Repeatedly and on all occasions. Not wasting my money on payware planes again, other than A2A of course. Interestingly, I have a freeware Seminole that does feather the prop and it works first time every time.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Dogsbody55 wrote:Yes, I feathered the prop with the controls available in the VC. But it didn't feather. Repeatedly and on all occasions. Not wasting my money on payware planes again, other than A2A of course. Interestingly, I have a freeware Seminole that does feather the prop and it works first time every time.
That's interesting, yeah. Because as you say, even freeware stuff I've seen around seems to get such basics.

It is possible in a (real) twin for the engine to fail to feather. This occurs if the engine stops spinning for a reason or another before the feathering is performed. If that happens, the centrifugal start locks catch the blades at rather fine pitch when the oil pressure is lost.

-Esa

c_prowse
Airman

Post by c_prowse »

any word on when we can expect the warbirds to be V4 ready? I am literally dying waiting as I really miss them! Especially my Spit and B-17... Really miss those two. Love the Cherokee, 172, 182 but so anxious for the others. Has not been an update I've found since December.

A-26Invader
Staff Sergeant

Post by A-26Invader »

c_prowse wrote:any word on when we can expect the warbirds to be V4 ready? I am literally dying waiting as I really miss them! Especially my Spit and B-17... Really miss those two. Love the Cherokee, 172, 182 but so anxious for the others. Has not been an update I've found since December.
I'm sure the team will talk about that in the upcoming update within the next 15 days.
ImageImageImage

Lufthansa 380
Staff Sergeant

Post by Lufthansa 380 »

So will there be any news soon, as we're in mid-March now? :D

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”