Controls lock: attaching by clicking won't work

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
J van E
Staff Sergeant

Controls lock: attaching by clicking won't work

Post by J van E »

I can remove the controls lock by clicking on it as it is on the yoke but I can not attach it to the yoke. I do see a hand above the lock as I hold my mouse above it but nothing happens when I click or drag. It should be possible to attach it manually, right? I am using P3D v4. I can of course use the menu but I rather do things manually myself. :wink:

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Controls lock: attaching by clicking won't work

Post by Nick - A2A »

J van E wrote:It should be possible to attach it manually, right?
Yep - you'll need to push the yoke fully forward before clicking to fit the control lock. :wink:

Nick

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

This mimics what must be done in the real aircraft to align the hole in the yoke shaft with the hole in the shaft the properties protrudes through the panel. Once the holes are aligned it is possible to insert the control lock.

In the sim one must push forward to get the elevator into the nose down position required to install the lock. This is because our joysticks don't react to airflow over the elevator in the way that the yoke reacts.

Once the engine is turned off, the real yoke will fall all the way forward as gravity will pull the elevator into the nose down position. One must pull the yoke slightly back to align the holes properly to install the lock.

Either way, the A2A sim make every effort to bring every little touch of what it is like to operate one of these planes. :)
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

J van E
Staff Sergeant

Post by J van E »

Nick M wrote:Yep - you'll need to push the yoke fully forward before clicking to fit the control lock. :wink:

Nick
Ah! Yes! Of course! Now you say it I remember it! :roll: :wink: Totally forgot about that!
Oracle427 wrote:Either way, the A2A sim make every effort to bring every little touch of what it is like to operate one of these planes. :)
Which is why I only fly A2A GA. :wink:

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”