Sound problem with Cessna 172 (FSX)

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
martinB
Airman

Sound problem with Cessna 172 (FSX)

Post by martinB »

Hello there,

I hope this is in the right forum to explain my problem: Suddenly I am missing the squeak sound which is usually to hear while tuch down. Tried to uninstall the cessna for a new installation, but the install.log was unreadable. So I deleted all Cessna files and folders and made a new installation, also the latest accu sim update. While installing the update, also a new Cessna version was downloaded and installed. So I guess it is all in latest version. But that squeak sound is still missing.

Is there anybody who has an idea to fix it?

Thanks alot for doing some minds,
Regards, Martin

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Sound problem with Cessna 172 (FSX)

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Martin,

a reinstall wouldn't normally fix things and could cause issues. Its a really bad habit to reinstall at the first sign of trouble rather than troubleshoot the issue and id the issue and fix accordingly.

So before we get to your sound issue lets make sure your current install is correct, can you let us know if during the reinstall you also deleted the 172 update folder and re-applied the latest Accu-sim updater?

For the orginal sound issue this is normally a controller/brake issue in that the brake is being applied slightly but enough to prevent the wheels spinning freely in the code and causing no touch down squawk. You'll be wanting to re-calibrate/add in some deadzone to help prevent the noise on an axis having any affect.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

martinB
Airman

Post by martinB »

Hello Lewis,

thank you for your quick answer. As I told, I deleted every files and A2A-folders, even that one in the document folder. Then first installed C172_FSX_v.2.0.exe, then the A2A_Update_04_13_17.exe. While installing the A2A_Update_04_13_17.exe there was a break, where a new version was downloaded. I do not reemember just right, but I think it was a new C172 Trainer version. After that the installation get finnished without any errors. How ever, everything is working fine, every cockpit sound is right, except the short sound/noise which gives you feedback, that the wheels have tuched down. So to make it clear: I do not mean that squeaking sound which is sometimes to hear while pushing the breaks harder and longer.

Thanks,
Martin

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Martin,

good to hear about the clean reinstall and yes the symptoms are due to a noisy control axis normally.

thanks,
Lewis

martinB
Airman

Post by martinB »

Dear Lewis,

thank you so much for giving the hint to the rudder/breaks controller. I changed it a little and now the missing sound is there again. The adjusting is not perfect jet, because now the breaks make noise while taxiing, but I guess that I can get it better. I never would have thought that there could be a connection between the rudder breaks and the sound while touch down.

Thanks again and kind regards,
Martin

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

The brakes normally should make noise while taxing. They do in the real airplane. You can always hear a little metal grinding sound as you roll along and especially if you tap the brakes to tighten up a turn a little.

I would also check the maintenance hangar just to make sure nothing is worn or broken in the sim.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

martinB
Airman

Post by martinB »

Hello Oracle,

tanks for your reply. In the hangar everything is ok, I just have to lean a little more to clean then plugs. I just found a good setup for the pedal breaks so I think everything ist OK now.

Thanks and kind regards,
Martin

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear Martin, happy flying in the virtual skies 8)

cheers,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”