Thinking of buying the C172. Some questions.

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
Ifikratis
Airman First Class

Thinking of buying the C172. Some questions.

Post by Ifikratis »

Hi all,

I have fully moved to P3D v4, so as the C172 is the only one currently available from A2A I am thinking of buying it.
The day that A2A announced their plans for v4, I didn't own any A2A yet as I was waiting for their plans. After the announcement I purchased the C182, being my favorite and determined to wait some days after P3D v4 release to get the update.
However, as there is still no time frame for when we're gonna get it, I am thinking of the C172. My questions are:

1) Does the C172 has the same level of textures resolution and finish as the newer C182? From the screenshots I'm not sure if I can spot differences. For example maybe the C182 has glass reflections on the gauges while the C172 not?

2) Does the C172 has the same level of systems depth? (ex. Circuit Breakers) ?

Also, I'd like to thank A2A for their outstanding dedication to quality and accuracy. They are not by chance the number 1 choice.

Thank you!
| C172 Trainer | C182 Skylane | J3 Cub | L049 Constellation | PA24 Commanche | PA28 Cherokee | P-40 Warhawk | P-51D Military | P-51D Civilian | Spitfire MkI-II | T-6 Texan | V35B Bonanza | B-17 Flying Fortress |

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Re: Thinking of buying the C172. Some questions.

Post by mallcott »

Ifikratis wrote:Hi all,

I have fully moved to P3D v4, so as the C172 is the only one currently available from A2A I am thinking of buying it.
The day that A2A announced their plans for v4, I didn't own any A2A yet as I was waiting for their plans. After the announcement I purchased the C182, being my favorite and determined to wait some days after P3D v4 release to get the update.
However, as there is still no time frame for when we're gonna get it, I am thinking of the C172. My questions are:

1) Does the C172 has the same level of textures resolution and finish as the newer C182? From the screenshots I'm not sure if I can spot differences. For example maybe the C182 has glass reflections on the gauges while the C172 not?

2) Does the C172 has the same level of systems depth? (ex. Circuit Breakers) ?

Also, I'd like to thank A2A for their outstanding dedication to quality and accuracy. They are not by chance the number 1 choice.

Thank you!
Yes, and yes.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

To give a slightly more comprehensive answer... :wink:
Ifikratis wrote:1) Does the C172 has the same level of textures resolution and finish as the newer C182? From the screenshots I'm not sure if I can spot differences. For example maybe the C182 has glass reflections on the gauges while the C172 not?
I actually prefer the 172 interior somewhat, though the 182 has leather seats with a bump-mapping effect. In general, gauge reflections are pretty subtle in both. In fact, a bit more dynamic 'shine' off the gauge glass (as with the Cherokee's radios) would be a good thing in my opinion.
Ifikratis wrote:2) Does the C172 has the same level of systems depth? (ex. Circuit Breakers) ?
Yeah, circuit breakers were quietly retrofitted by A2A after release. The avionics fit is pretty much identical, though the Skylane also benefits from an optional HSI.

The core Accu-Sim behaviour is shared across both platforms though the 172 still misses out on one-or-two newer features such as hand towing. (In fact that's the only one I can think of. :) )

Nick

Ifikratis
Airman First Class

Post by Ifikratis »

Thank you very much guys! That was what I needed. I hit the button :)

Besides being similar, I'll experience their differences when the C182 is out, trying different missions for each.
| C172 Trainer | C182 Skylane | J3 Cub | L049 Constellation | PA24 Commanche | PA28 Cherokee | P-40 Warhawk | P-51D Military | P-51D Civilian | Spitfire MkI-II | T-6 Texan | V35B Bonanza | B-17 Flying Fortress |

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Welcome to the A2A Flying Club! Now go out and get that $100 hamburger!

Seeya
ATB

Ifikratis
Airman First Class

Post by Ifikratis »

Haha! Thank you! Its amazing, very cozy cockpit :))

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

Paughco wrote:Welcome to the A2A Flying Club! Now go out and get that $100 hamburger!

Seeya
ATB
No, read the manual first ! :P

Ifikratis
Airman First Class

Post by Ifikratis »

mallcott wrote:
Paughco wrote:Welcome to the A2A Flying Club! Now go out and get that $100 hamburger!

Seeya
ATB
No, read the manual first ! :P
The manuals are the best I've seen in flight simulation. Beautiful and full of knowledge. Will read them line by line this summer. :D

trindade
Staff Sergeant

Post by trindade »

Ifikratis wrote: The manuals are the best I've seen in flight simulation. Beautiful and full of knowledge. :D
I fully agree. I guess they reflect the passion and effort put on every aircraft made by A2A. We are lucky :wink:

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”