GPS Question

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
chip58123
Airman

GPS Question

Post by chip58123 »

How do I bring up the gps in the 172? Does the default gps in FSX work or do I need an addon? If the default works how do I show it?

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: GPS Question

Post by speedy70 »

Have you read the manual?Methinks not!

It is found in your start menu/all programs/A2A/c172.

You will there find a configuration menu with the GPS.

This is not a jump in press ctrl-E and fly.You will never enjoy it, or master it unless you read the manual.

I hope you have also run the latest updater as administrator.That is essential.

Cheers Chris

chip58123
Airman

Post by chip58123 »

Chris I did read the manual when I got the plane a year or so ago, as well as look through it again before I made the post. Also after reading your reply I went through it again, and didn't see it. If it is there please tell me where because I probably missed it.

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

chip58123 wrote:Chris I did read the manual when I got the plane a year or so ago, as well as look through it again before I made the post. Also after reading your reply I went through it again, and didn't see it. If it is there please tell me where because I probably missed it.
p95.

You are aware the manual can be searched? If you use a browser to read .pdf files then use Ctrl+F and enter `GPS` as the search term. There's only 9 references.

Given the complexity of the supporting code and the sub menus for this plane I still use the manual years after buying it for FSX, then switching to P3D.

Like Speedy I can't believe you could have had the aircraft a year without becoming more than familiar with the GUI! :shock:

chip58123
Airman

Post by chip58123 »

Not long after i downloaded the 172 I got to busy to fly FSX and haven't touched it until 2 days ago. Thank you for telling me about the search function in pdf. Had forgotten that you could do that. As I said I am sure it is there but kept missing it and I never noticed it in the shift 3 menu. Sorry if I ruffled feathers for asking about the gps.

Chip

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

chip58123 wrote:Not long after i downloaded the 172 I got to busy to fly FSX and haven't touched it until 2 days ago. Thank you for telling me about the search function in pdf. Had forgotten that you could do that. As I said I am sure it is there but kept missing it and I never noticed it in the shift 3 menu. Sorry if I ruffled feathers for asking about the gps.

Chip
It's not ruffling feathers if its a genuine question or a specific issue. But asking us to read the manual to you was a bit much, if truth be told, as you cannot operate this aircraft without full knowledge of the supplementary panels and the aircraft options. :idea:

As it's been a year, probably best to put half a day aside to reading the manual again, and perhaps an hour or two browsing the technical support forum because at this stage there won't be a question that hasn't already been answered. Check the one's about setup and starting the sim and from there with your newfound knowledge you should have few issues you cant resolve yourself.

Think of it like recurrence training in a real plane :wink:

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

Hi Chip, I'm sure the folks at A2A would have answered your question in a better light, please don't let the rudeness of the two guys that replied here reflect on the many kind and helpful people in this forum that given time would have pitched in with the correct answer you were looking for.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

chip58123
Airman

Post by chip58123 »

Thank you Brett,

Now worries my question got answered, and that's all that matters. A2A has great products, and this forum is a great help.

Thanks again,
Chip

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

chip58123 wrote:Thank you Brett,

Now worries my question got answered, and that's all that matters. A2A has great products, and this forum is a great help.

Thanks again,
Chip
And therein lies the rub, Brett old sport. Chip recognised what we were doing.

Suggest review of your own contributions here. Our advice to convene with the manual and provide pointers to where in that manual the resolution was to be found has enlightened more than your post ever could.

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

I also reviewed your past posts here, it's not what you say, it's how you say it. Your a smart guy and know FSX inside and out, we just don't agree on how that information should be given out, especially to a first time poster. But that's ok, just a difference of opinion.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”