Found answer to prevent EZDOK to mess up preflight check

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
FyingLG
Airman Basic

Found answer to prevent EZDOK to mess up preflight check

Post by FyingLG »

Just found answer to my question how to prevent EZDOK from messing up A2A 172 Trainer preflight check. "Lewis - A2A" already suggested to turn it off before starting preflight check.
Thanks.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Found answer to prevent EZDOK to mess up preflight check

Post by Nick - A2A »

Perhaps the advice above comes from a rather old topic LG? At any rate, a proper installation of EZdok will actually modify existing aircraft.cfg files which is what causes the issue with the preflight inspection views. Turning off EZdok won't help. However, there's some advice on a workaround in this thread.

Cheers,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

ChasePlane users just make sure you are running a current version and no change is needed;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=58725

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

FyingLG
Airman Basic

Post by FyingLG »

"]Just wanted to update the first post of this thread with a link to brief guide to help users of A2A Simulations aircraft resolve view conflicts with v1.18 of EZCA (EZdok Camera Addon) software. Hopefully this will be easier to follow than the information scattered throughout various forum posts.

A2A-EZCA Compatibility Guide.pdf

If any EZdok users come across conflicts using this method, please do let me know here in this thread. :wink:

Regards,
Nick

I downloaded "A2A-EZCA Compatibility Guide.pdf" and made changes to aircraft.cfg. The proper walk-round sequence got restored, but some views are zoomed in to much. For Example in "Tail" view, tail tie down and elevator trims are clipped out. How can I fix this problem? (I'm using EZdokCamera2)
Thanks,

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

FyingLG wrote:I downloaded "A2A-EZCA Compatibility Guide.pdf" and made changes to aircraft.cfg. The proper walk-round sequence got restored, but some views are zoomed in to much. For Example in "Tail" view, tail tie down and elevator trims are clipped out. How can I fix this problem? (I'm using EZdokCamera2)
Thanks,
I'm afraid Version 2 of EZdok is a bit of an unknown quantity as it's still under continual development. For instance, in the later versions restoring the "HotKeySelect = 4" line seems to cause issues with the external aircraft cams, though it still restores the correct preflight sequence. In your case, it's possible that there are inherited zoom setting from any external aircraft cams which are conflicting with the pre-flight views (as mentioned in the PDF).

It may be that the best solution for EZdok for now is to run the "EZCA2 config tool" which edits the aircraft.cfg as described, and then just do the preflight check in reverse order as is mentioned somewhere in the thread I linked above.

It does seem that ChasePlane rather than EZdok is now the smart choice for A2A customers as the developer has adapted the product specifically to work with A2A add-ons. I still haven't got round to trying ChasePlane though...

Cheers,
Nick

FyingLG
Airman Basic

Post by FyingLG »

Nick,Thank you very much for reply.
It's a pity there is no way to resolve the compatibility problem with EZDOK.

I'm experiencing another issue with A2A Cessna 172 Trainer, not related to installation of EZDOK. When I just installed A2A Cessna 172 and did preflight inspection there was an icon to click on to remove the wheel chocks. But it disappeared. Now I have only one option to remove chocks - by opening panel (Shift+3). Is there a way to fix it? It is not big deal, but I'd like to figure it out.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

If I recall this was a feature added in an update.

If you reinstalled the 172, did you also re-apply the updates? Before doing so you will need to delete the update history by deleting the client.wyc file within the update_fsx folder of the respective aircraft folder.

In my installation the path is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\Cessna172\Update_fsx
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

FyingLG
Airman Basic

Post by FyingLG »

I just installed updates and it brought back the wheel chocks control icon on pre-flight 2D walk around panel.
Thank you for advice.
Last edited by FyingLG on 21 Mar 2017, 20:48, edited 1 time in total.

Percival
Airman Basic

Post by Percival »

I don't know why folks are so bothered by EZDOK conflict... There's no need to edit configs or even turn off the EZCA. A simple warkaround:

1. Select your main EZCA VC camera, which you ordinarily use for flying.
2. Call up Pre Flight Inspection 2d panel (Shift+8).
3. Select next station by pressing right arrow in the panel window. It will switch to EZCA Aircraft cam.
4. Manually select first station camera (Aircraft > Pitot Tube Heat Test) from FS context menu.
5. Now you can cycle through stations by using arrows in the Pre Flight Inspection 2d panel window.
Emil

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”