Accu Sim C172P trainer

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
Dark_Comet
Airman Basic

Accu Sim C172P trainer

Post by Dark_Comet »

Hi Guys, Senior citizen here pulling the last few hairs out.
I have FSX installed on a pretty powerful Pc I built myself and have just purchased the C172p trainer. Please can someone tell me how when I run FSX do I actually use the trainer to learn to fly. I can use the C 172P in a free flight ok but I bought it to learn to fly not to just wander the sky aimlessly. Is there a manual/tutorial that will enlighten me. I downloaded the 102 page accu sim C172 P manual but apart from it telling what settings I make to tweak the realism thats it. Also---------I have the Saitek Flight yoke and throttle quadrant and was thinking of buying the trim wheel, do I really need it? Many thanks to ASA simulations for an excellent trainer aircraft.

boozybaz
Airman

Re: Accu Sim C172P trainer

Post by boozybaz »

Image Image Image

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

If you want to learn to fly, you can for example look at Angle of Attack site here: http://www.flyaoamedia.com

They have basic vfr training vids for free and then you can buy additional courses

You can also check this addon out http://www.fsflyingschool.com

There is also this : http://eu.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle ... 88222.html they also give you scenarios for fsx

On youtube there is a multitude of sources and channels that teach many useful skills like rod machado or pilots training center etc.

Also, remember to update your plane with the updater here https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 23&t=57819

You can also use the built in training center in fsx, plus use the available missions with the a2a cessna, just click on modify scenario

Buy the saitek trim wheel, one of the best hardware addons to get, also buy track ir, it changes the sim completely

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums,

I see the community have you pretty much sorted out but there's a bunch of help here on the forums too, you can post and normally get a pretty quick answer, we have the Flight Academy forums here and the community is a great mix of experienced simmers, pilots, instructors and mechanics.

Also the simulated 172 is the 172R not a P model just for reference.

The trim wheel is an amazing bit of kit that will help you greatly in flying, if you can get hold of one its well worth the investment imo.

thanks and welcome,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Eric.
Staff Sergeant

Post by Eric. »

I get the impression that OP expected some sort of in-sim training lessons to accompany the aircraft.

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

Eric. wrote:I get the impression that OP expected some sort of in-sim training lessons to accompany the aircraft.
Possibly you're right, In which case use the default 172 and the lessons built into the simulator Learning Center.

Then you can migrate those basic skills to the massively improved fidelity of the A2A aircraft.

afcraig2010
Staff Sergeant

Post by afcraig2010 »

Craig
CFI, ATP (Q400)

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”