Preflight Check

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
FireflyChick
Airman

Preflight Check

Post by FireflyChick »

I have had a couple of instances now in the maintenance hanger being requested to do a proper pre-flight check "we have replaced your POH" hint hint, unless its a quick transit check after landing, a coffee and take off again much like in real life (engine still warm) I always follow the walk around before getting underway and then do all the usual pre and post start, run up, vial actions etc. Is it because I am using my own pilots notes (a direct copy of the ones I use in the real aircraft) rather than going through the menus in the simulator do I have to do something to correct this or can I safely ignore this message?

I'd hate for it to cause a "told you so" failure even though I am doing a pre-flight :shock:
Viatrix flyin' FSX (A2A) C182, 172, PA-28, Spitfire, Mustang and B-17.

Flying a Slingsby T67M Firefly in the real world.

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Re: Preflight Check

Post by Mickel »

Sounds like someone is half inching your POH while you're not looking. At least that 'failure' won't result in an unintended ground/aircraft interaction... Is there a click spot where the manual should be?
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Dont you just love accu sim , for catching you out , also watch for rag in the intake on walkaround .
regards alan. 8)

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

I think you have to do the walkaround through the shift+8 menu. This way the software knows that you're doing it. Have you done it that way?
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

FireflyChick
Airman

Post by FireflyChick »

Piper_EEWL wrote:I think you have to do the walkaround through the shift+8 menu. This way the software knows that you're doing it. Have you done it that way?
Always do for the first flight of the day, which is most flights. The only time I don't is for a transit check.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Same here. Interesting that it doesn't recognize it for you!
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

FireflyChick
Airman

Post by FireflyChick »

I think it must have been somebody half-inching my POH whilst I wasn't looking, I took the 172 on a trip to Norway from Humberside, via Holland, Germany, Denmark and Sweden, back across the north sea to the Shetland Islands and then back to Humberside via Wick and Perth, the engine didn't quit (well it has only just ticked over 50hrs) and I didn't get any alerts in the hangar about the POH being missing or neglecting checks.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”