172 and GTN750

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
chumba
Airman Basic

172 and GTN750

Post by chumba »

Thanks to the last update, i can now fly with my 172 and the Flight 1 GTN 750 avionic

unfortunately, the standard devices result to me turned off, and it is impossible to switch on. This is a problem especially concerning the autopilot panel. In fact, in this way I can't set anything, and this is bad especially for the altitude, which it is impossible to be controlled even with autopilot, with GTN and manual controls.

Is it correct? Is something I can do? Thank you to who will help me

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: 172 and GTN750

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

I don't quiet understand but have you checked the basics like all the switches being on and the fuses being set correctly and not popped?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

chumba
Airman Basic

Post by chumba »

yes I did

what I have found is that if i load two times the 172, the second time it works

the first time when I turn on avionics GTN and other instruments start, but autopilot, radio and so on remain dark

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

chumba wrote:yes I did

what I have found is that if i load two times the 172, the second time it works

the first time when I turn on avionics GTN and other instruments start, but autopilot, radio and so on remain dark
Then check whatever you are using for a default flight - if it's a created `cold and dark` setup you will need to create a SEPARATE `cold and dark A2A` after you've loaded the 172 the second time, then used the cold and dark Shift + 3 option to shut everything down. THEN save the flight with a specific name. NOw everything will start normally, (subject to maintenance issues of course!)

For this reason it no longer makes sense to have your sim (whatever it is; you haven't said) start directly into a flight. Either uncheck the default flight option, or allows the sim to load to the menu from where you choose your flight for that session.

If you don't want to do that then you can load ANY flight directly from the saved flight menu, so create a shortcut to that on your desktop.

chumba
Airman Basic

Post by chumba »

first of all thank you, but I did exactly this (save as C&D after the second launch) but no success.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Sounds like an initialisation issue. Whats your default flight? You should never use a complex sim as the default flight so its best to keep it as a default aircraft for correct loading.

thanks,
Lewis

ajoechl
Airman Basic

Post by ajoechl »

Hello,

I have been trying to get my new F1 GTN750 integrated into my A2A C172 but I'm having some trouble. I have recently bought the A2A 182 because I was such a fan from the 172, and the reason I'm mentioning this is because I have notice that the A2A 182 add-on comes with an aircraft config, which allows one to make changes to the GPS used. What I have seen is that in my A2A C172 folder in windows does NOT contain an aircraft config, but just the input config. Is this normal?

My question is, do I need to download the A2A C172 anew or how can I install the aircraft config for this aircraft because without it I can only use the F1 GTN750 in the pop-up window. If I did need to download these aircraft add-ons for when I change computers in the future, how is this done?

Thanks!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

ajoechl wrote:Hello,

I have been trying to get my new F1 GTN750 integrated into my A2A C172 but I'm having some trouble. I have recently bought the A2A 182 because I was such a fan from the 172, and the reason I'm mentioning this is because I have notice that the A2A 182 add-on comes with an aircraft config, which allows one to make changes to the GPS used. What I have seen is that in my A2A C172 folder in windows does NOT contain an aircraft config, but just the input config. Is this normal?

My question is, do I need to download the A2A C172 anew or how can I install the aircraft config for this aircraft because without it I can only use the F1 GTN750 in the pop-up window. If I did need to download these aircraft add-ons for when I change computers in the future, how is this done?

Thanks!
Hello,

it sounds like you have not run the latest Accu-sim updater here;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 07&t=57819

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

ajoechl
Airman Basic

Post by ajoechl »

Hey Lewis,

I did the update like you said but there was no aircraft config for the A2A C172 found. Should I try a complete uninstall and a new fresh reinstall of the addon and if so how would I go about doing that?

Thanks,
Andrew

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

The aircraft configurator is a separate application that will appear in your start menu after you apply the latest updates.

It will be under Start Menu->Programs->A2A Simulations->Accu-Sim C172 Trainer
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

ajoechl
Airman Basic

Post by ajoechl »

Oracle427 wrote:The aircraft configurator is a separate application that will appear in your start menu after you apply the latest updates.

It will be under Start Menu->Programs->A2A Simulations->Accu-Sim C172 Trainer

Yes, that is where my A2A 182 aircraft config is but not the aircraft config for the A2A 172.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Then the update did not get applied correctly. You should attempt to run it again and ensure that it detects and updates your C172.

If it does detect it and says it was already updated, you should go delete the client.wyc file in the installation to force the update to apply again to the A2A C172.

I have installed to the default path on Windows 7, so in my case the file is found here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\Cessna172\Update_fsx
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

ajoechl
Airman Basic

Post by ajoechl »

Hey guys,

I can't get the update to work correctly for the C172. I get the following message when it gets done installing the update for the C172.

Andrew

ajoechl
Airman Basic

Post by ajoechl »

It seems that I can't figure out how to attach the screen shot that I had made from the wyUpdate but the message says the following;

An error occurred

The update failed to install.

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

The only program I had opened was Internet Explorer for the forum. I had nothing else running.

Andrew

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Andrew,

looks like a potential offloading issue, a restart of your system should see you good.

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”