172 and GTN750

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
ajoechl
Airman Basic

Re: 172 and GTN750

Post by ajoechl »

Hey Lewis,

Is there anyway I can do a fresh download of the 172 to see if that resolves the aircraft config problem i'm having?

Andrew

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Sure, whats your A2A store order number?

If you are not sure how to do a full clean install let me know also and I'll write down the exact steps you will want to take.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

ajoechl
Airman Basic

Post by ajoechl »

Hey Lewis,

Do I need to do a new download and install for the 172 to get the aircraft config file installed?

I also noticed from the 182 aircraft config file that is not giving me an option under GPS -> Flight 1 for either the GTN 750 or 650. Someone from the Flight 1 support forum showed me what the options are suppose to look like from the aircraft config file. I find it rather strange that it does not recognize the two GTNs. Do u think I have the software installed in the wrong file?

I also wanted to ask you what Garmin trainer lite file should be installed because I have the most current one installed. I dont know if that makes a difference or not...

Andrew

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Andrew,

have you run the latest Accu-sim updater removing the update folder for the aircraft first? If not let me know i'll take you through how to do that if you are unsure.

The garmin question should be for the flight1 guys as that is a GPS thing.

thanks,
Lewis

Oliver Branaschky
Senior Airman

Post by Oliver Branaschky »

Re: the Garmin Trainer version, it should be the one linked on the Flight1 GTN product page: http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=f1gtn

Not sure if there is a more current one available, but usually the guys at Flight1 are pretty quick in updating their products to support the newest ones.

Viele Grüße | Best regards,
Oliver

ajoechl
Airman Basic

Post by ajoechl »

Hey Lewis,

I did do the update a few times and every time I removed the update files in the both the 172 & 182 Update folders before running the update itself. I tried reinstalling the GTNs again but that still didn't solve the problem for either plane. I thought it might help me with the 182 but I still don't get the options for the Flight 1 GPS in the aircraft config. There has to be a connection missing some where between the F1 GTNs and the 182 aircraft config. When installing the F1 GTNs I use the given install parameters. I just hope that they are correct but I wouldn't understand why they wouldn't be.

Andrew

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

can you show us how its not letting you add it, as adding it doesn't depend on owning the GPS. You can add the GPS in the aircraft config application if you own it or not so I'm now a bit lost as to what you mean?

thanks,
Lewis

ajoechl
Airman Basic

Post by ajoechl »

Hey Lewis,

I got to work now. I believe there was a antivirus software keeping the update to install. I closed the application, reinstalled all the A2A add ons, ran the update (which installed successfully), and now everything works. I was able to use the aircraft config to choose which GTN I wanted to use.

I appreciate the help!!!

Andrew

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

aha good stuff, happy flying in the virtual skies

cheers,
Lewis

dwain
Airman

Post by dwain »

Hello,

I disn't want to open a new topic for this so I'm going to ask from here. I bought C172 yesterday and it's a great add-on for P3D V4. But I didn't like the GPS in it so I'm considering buying a GPS add-on but I couldn't decide which one to get. Do you think 650-750 series would be good? Or would it suit better with the 400-500 series?

What would be your suggestions?

Thanks.

dwain
Airman

Post by dwain »

According to this topic I understand that GNT 750 works with A2A C 172 right? Is Virtual Cockpit also supported? I'm using P3D v4.

Thanks.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

dwain wrote:Hello,

I disn't want to open a new topic for this so I'm going to ask from here. I bought C172 yesterday and it's a great add-on for P3D V4. But I didn't like the GPS in it so I'm considering buying a GPS add-on but I couldn't decide which one to get. Do you think 650-750 series would be good? Or would it suit better with the 400-500 series?

What would be your suggestions?

Thanks.
Hello,

it would be best if you started a new topic on this subject. P3Dv4 as of right now doesnt support any third party GPS. Once Flight1 update we will add the support back in as needed for the latest P3D version.

thanks,
Lewis

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

dwain wrote:According to this topic I understand that GNT 750 works with A2A C 172 right? Is Virtual Cockpit also supported? I'm using P3D v4.

Thanks.
No, the Flight 1 products do NOT work with P3D v4, as of the time of writing. So they also don't work with the 172.

Probably a temporary situation, but Flight 1 forums are where you will find the answer. And which version of v4 do you have? If they stick with their previous format, the GTN's will only work with Academic, and none other.

dwain
Airman

Post by dwain »

I have the academic version. But what about the V3 version? Do they have the Virtual Cockpit support?

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

dwain wrote:I have the academic version. But what about the V3 version? Do they have the Virtual Cockpit support?
On V3 everything works fine... but keep in mind: Flight1 said one will very likely have to pay for an update to P3D v4 so if you want to switch to v4 you will have to pay twice (or 1.5 times whatever...)

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”