Mini screens gone

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
Canders
Airman First Class

Mini screens gone

Post by Canders »

I have just loaded some scenery from Orbx for North America and I'm not sure if that's why but all my mini-screens for fuel and payload, hanger etc won't show up now. When I try to select it, a black box appears, then quickly disappears where the mini screen would be, but nothing else. When I use the pull-down menu, the box is checked, but same thing, no screen. This affects all my aircraft, 172, 182, T-6, etc. I've even tried going to an unimproved airfield...same thing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Mini screens gone

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I dont understand why if all you have installed is orbx scenery , and your mini panels disappear , what windows system are you useing , as win 10 from what i have herd keeps resetting the system to default settings every time it updates itself.
Your mini panels , are they made to show on same monitor , or different ones , if for what ever reason these mini panels are somehow set up in the scenery section , which i doubt , then it might just be a case of altering the layers , also look in your settings page , to see if anything as altered.
Also look in your sims fsx/p3d.cfg file , for anything thats been altered
regards alan. 8)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

it sounds like a simconnect issue, can you please try this from the troubleshooting FAQ
- Run the Microsoft FSX Simconnect installer here: http://a2asimulations.com/public/downlo ... onnect.msi
- Reboot your computer
After the simconnect reinstall the panels should be back for you. Let us know how you get on.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Canders
Airman First Class

Mini screens gone

Post by Canders »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

it sounds like a simconnect issue, can you please try this from the troubleshooting FAQ
- Run the Microsoft FSX Simconnect installer here: http://a2asimulations.com/public/downlo ... onnect.msi
- Reboot your computer
After the simconnect reinstall the panels should be back for you. Let us know how you get on.

thanks,
Lewis
Did not work. :-/. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the 172, and then run SimConnect again. I have tried changing the resolution. I have tried changing airfields. I'm running windows 7 with a Nvidea Geforce GT 640. Other aircraft pull up instrument panels fine, it's just the a2a's I'm having the issue with.

Canders
Airman First Class

Post by Canders »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi.
I dont understand why if all you have installed is orbx scenery , and your mini panels disappear , what windows system are you useing , as win 10 from what i have herd keeps resetting the system to default settings every time it updates itself.
Your mini panels , are they made to show on same monitor , or different ones , if for what ever reason these mini panels are somehow set up in the scenery section , which i doubt , then it might just be a case of altering the layers , also look in your settings page , to see if anything as altered.
Also look in your sims fsx/p3d.cfg file , for anything thats been altered
regards alan. 8)
Same monitor.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

upon the simconnect install are you restarting the sim?

This issue btw is a simconnect corruption issue, so no need to look at anything else, except to check you have the 2d panels set to be visible in the options of the sim.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Canders
Airman First Class

Mini screens gone

Post by Canders »

This issue btw is a simconnect corruption issue, so no need to look at anything else, except to check you have the 2d panels set to be visible in the options of the sim.

thanks,
Lewis
Are you talking about the Display page for FSX where it talks about opening to 2D or 3D panels? And yes, I am shutting down FSX, doing the simconnect, then restarting. I'm not having any problems with any other of my aircraft as far as being able to pull up the 2D panels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oliver Branaschky
Senior Airman

Post by Oliver Branaschky »

Canders wrote: Are you talking about the Display page for FSX where it talks about opening to 2D or 3D panels? And yes, I am shutting down FSX, doing the simconnect, then restarting. I'm not having any problems with any other of my aircraft as far as being able to pull up the 2D panels.

What Lewis is talking about are the transparency settings on that very page.

Viele Grüße | Best regards,
Oliver

Canders
Airman First Class

Post by Canders »

Transparency is at 0%.

Canders
Airman First Class

Mini screens gone

Post by Canders »

No other ideas, Lewis? I even tried reducing all the sliders on the scenery detail screen...no change.

Canders
Airman First Class

Post by Canders »

thanks,
Lewis
This is what I have in the A2A/panel directory, in the panel.cfg file, with Window # and value shown for visible:
Window00, 0
Window01, 0
Window02, 0
Window03, 1
Window04, 1
Window05, 1
Window06, 0
Window07, 0
Window08, 1
Window09, no entry for "visible"
Window10, 0
Window11, no entry
Window 12-16, 0's

Canders
Airman First Class

Mini screens gone

Post by Canders »

If worse comes to worse, do you know how I can add fuel to the plane? Because, as it is right now, without my fuel manager, I can't refuel my plane!

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
what is the full path within your pc for that info , if its in the simobjects/a2ac172/panel/panel.cfg, you sould have a lot more than shown , i have several panel.cfgs for different avionics fitted .
and i have up to 14 window options that point to different panels within the aircraft , if this is your panel cfg , then you need to do an uninstall of the aircraft , making sure no files are left behind , ie clean uninstall , then reinstall the c172 then accu-sim then update.
As something as corrupted the install.
regards alan. 8)

Canders
Airman First Class

Post by Canders »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi.
what is the full path within your pc for that info , if its in the simobjects/a2ac172/panel/panel.cfg, you sould have a lot more than shown , i have several panel.cfgs for different avionics fitted .
and i have up to 14 window options that point to different panels within the aircraft , if this is your panel cfg , then you need to do an uninstall of the aircraft , making sure no files are left behind , ie clean uninstall , then reinstall the c172 then accu-sim then update.
As something as corrupted the install.
regards alan. 8)

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Canders.
Looking at them files , from the file name:- panel down to panel_RXP_duel should all have .cfg after them , to match the type column .
for some reason the file names have all been altered .
regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”