C172 Flight From KMVY to KACK

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
jimst57
Airman First Class

C172 Flight From KMVY to KACK

Post by jimst57 »

A new flight from KMVY to KACK in the A2A C172. This one has ATC and other sound effects. A tough crosswind landing too. Hope you like it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApriE_095IQ[/youtube]

FireflyChick
Airman

Re: C172 Flight From KMVY to KACK

Post by FireflyChick »

Nice video :) crosswind landings are always interesting especially doing it for real :o

I enjoyed the other one too (out to KMVY).

I assume you are from that area, and have flown into these airports for real? as cheesy as it sounds ever since seeing Jaws I have wanted to visit Martha's Vineyard, though I guess it has changed a great deal since it was filmed.

What do you use to make these videos, you have me thinking about doing some from Humberside Intl in the UK.
Viatrix flyin' FSX (A2A) C182, 172, PA-28, Spitfire, Mustang and B-17.

Flying a Slingsby T67M Firefly in the real world.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Great video again, love the voice overs and the ATC audio over it was a nice touch too 8)

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

jimst57
Airman First Class

Post by jimst57 »

mattmoxon wrote:Nice video :) crosswind landings are always interesting especially doing it for real :o

I enjoyed the other one too (out to KMVY).

I assume you are from that area, and have flown into these airports for real? as cheesy as it sounds ever since seeing Jaws I have wanted to visit Martha's Vineyard, though I guess it has changed a great deal since it was filmed.

What do you use to make these videos, you have me thinking about doing some from Humberside Intl in the UK.
Yes, I live in Rhode Island. I got my PPL out of Green Airport (KPVD) in 1989. I've made all of the video flights in a real C172.
I have an Nvidia video card, so I use ShadowPlay to record, and Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 to edit. The ATC background is a from a collection of clips I bought online.
I'm using P3D, Active Sky 2016, REX Worldwide Airports HD, and many Orbx products.
Orbx just came out with Block Island and I bought it last night. So I guess that will be one of my next videos. lol
Glad you liked the video. I'll be making more when I have time. It's fun, but takes a lot of time.

jimst57
Airman First Class

Post by jimst57 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Great video again, love the voice overs and the ATC audio over it was a nice touch too 8)

thanks,
Lewis
That still cracks me up......I HATE hearing my voice. lol

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by cflord »

Outstanding video, I loved it! You were flying in my neck of the woods. I was born and raised 60 miles north of Boston, just 3 miles inland of Hampton Beach, in the little town of Hampton Falls, NH.
Last night I made a 242NM flight in my A2A Comanche 250 from KBID Block Island Airport, RI (ORBX Scenery) to KBHB Bar Harbor Airport, ME (ORBX Scenery). Great little trip you might want to make a movie of. I also fly into 2B2 Plum Island, MA (iBlueYonder Scenery) where my dad and his brothers use to fly in and out of in the 1940's. A nice trip from KBID to 2B2 to KBHB would be a lot
of fun. Keep making movies of our home area, I like them very much!

Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down!

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer & Mechanic 8) 8) 8) :D :D :D

jimst57
Airman First Class

Post by jimst57 »

cflord wrote:Outstanding video, I loved it! You were flying in my neck of the woods. I was born and raised 60 miles north of Boston, just 3 miles inland of Hampton Beach, in the little town of Hampton Falls, NH.
Last night I made a 242NM flight in my A2A Comanche 250 from KBID Block Island Airport, RI (ORBX Scenery) to KBHB Bar Harbor Airport, ME (ORBX Scenery). Great little trip you might want to make a movie of. I also fly into 2B2 Plum Island, MA (iBlueYonder Scenery) where my dad and his brothers use to fly in and out of in the 1940's. A nice trip from KBID to 2B2 to KBHB would be a lot
of fun. Keep making movies of our home area, I like them very much!

Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down!

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer & Mechanic 8) 8) 8) :D :D :D
Glad you enyloyed it.

I'm from the Northeast also. Rhode Island. Most of the flights I've made videos of, I have flown in a real C172 at some point.
I just bought the Orbx Block Island scenery last night, and I've had the Bar Harbor one for a while. I think they did a great job with both of them.
Hopefully after the holidays I'll do another video with the Block Island one. Takes a lot of time.

I retired in May, but I used to work 5 mins away from North Central Airport (KSFZ) in Lincoln RI. I read a while back that Scott once had the real N6229P there. I would have loved to have seen it.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”