Default vs. EZCA eyepoint

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
0Artur0
Airman First Class

Default vs. EZCA eyepoint

Post by 0Artur0 »

I recently uninstalled EZCA and now the default A2A c172 eyepoint is very different than EZCA setting. I can see all the instruments and both yokes, before when I was using EZCA I saw what you can see in most Youtube videos (two top rows of instruments and just pilots yoke, to the right edge of radios on the right side). I would assume that default A2A eyepoint is more correct than EZCA, but it got me thinking why EZCA has so different view position and why most of EZCA users are using that instead of A2A default viewpoint?
CPU: 4790K
Video Card: Geforce GTX 970
Windows 7 (64 bit)

My FSX Videos

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Default vs. EZCA eyepoint

Post by Nick - A2A »

By default, EZdok includes some pre-defined view for the stock aircraft in FSX including the Cessna 172SP. Thes views for the 172SP are inherited by the A2A Skyhawk which could explain what you're describing.

However, other than this, EZdok shouldn't change the eyepoint itself; rather it allow you to shift it as desired. In my case, I use EZdok to angle the default view direction down slightly to get a better view of the primary instruments.

Something like this (using an old image I had floating around)...

The default views in FSX by comparison look 'straight ahead' placing the horizon vertically in the centre of the screen.

Nick

0Artur0
Airman First Class

Post by 0Artur0 »

I'm very familiar with the view in your picture, I had something similar when I was using EZCA. But now I uninstalled EZCA (and reinstalled 172 since the uninstallation messed up my views) and now I get this, which is quite different:

Is this supposed to be the default A2A view? I always installed EZCA at the beginning of every re-installation of P3D (and FSX before that) so I never even saw what the default should be.. until now :)
Windows 7 (64 bit)

My FSX Videos

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

That's a very zoomed-out perspective, but the eyepoint itself looks to be more-or-less correct. You may find this discussion helpful though.

Cheers,
Nick

0Artur0
Airman First Class

Post by 0Artur0 »

Nick M wrote:That's a very zoomed-out perspective, but the eyepoint itself looks to be more-or-less correct. You may find this discussion helpful though.

Cheers,
Nick
Well, that's what P3D gives me by default. 0.3 zoom level work fine with other airplanes by default. If I change the zoom level to 0.5 I get this:

Doesn't look like yours either. Did uninstallation of EZCA messed something else up (I did delete cameras.cfg and let P3D rebuild a new one too) or what's going on here?
Windows 7 (64 bit)

My FSX Videos

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

That viewpoint does look to be angled up a bit (horizon below the screen centre point). Have you checked any of the settings mentioned in the topic I linked above?

Also, have you edited your default start-up flight as view setting are saved here too?

Thanks,
Nick

0Artur0
Airman First Class

Post by 0Artur0 »

Nick M wrote:That viewpoint does look to be angled up a bit (horizon below the screen centre point). Have you checked any of the settings mentioned in the topic I linked above?

Also, have you edited your default start-up flight as view setting are saved here too?
Yes, I have checked the linked topic but I don't want to change anything, all is supposed to be default in my P3D since I reinstalled A2A airplanes after I uninstalled EZCA and let P3D rebuild cameras.cfg. My default flight is default Bonanza, I didn't change any views or zoom levels there. What I'd like to determine now is if the views in my A2A airplanes are correct for what A2A decided to be default. Here are screenshots of my planes all at 0.3 zoom level:

Are those correct?
Windows 7 (64 bit)

My FSX Videos

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

0Artur0 wrote:Are those correct?
Yes - the fact that the horizon is slightly low is because the aircraft sit somewhat tail low on their landing gear now I come to think of it. As mentioned, if you prefer a less zoomed-out (i.e. less distorted) perspective but still wish to see the primary instrument, you can angle the default view down 10 degrees or so (as described in the linked topic).

Nick

0Artur0
Airman First Class

Post by 0Artur0 »

Nick M wrote:
0Artur0 wrote:Are those correct?
Yes - the fact that the horizon is slightly low is because the aircraft sit somewhat tail low on their landing gear now I come to think of it. As mentioned, if you prefer a less zoomed-out (i.e. less distorted) perspective but still wish to see the primary instrument, you can angle the default view down 10 degrees or so (as described in the linked topic).

Nick
That's a relief, thanks!
I was just afraid that EZCA messed something up because the default view now is so different from what I saw before when using EZCA.
Windows 7 (64 bit)

My FSX Videos

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”