The "Queen of the Skies"
Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Re: The Accu-Sim Connie is in beta

Post by Dominique »

Quite impressive :) !
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

aussietomcatter
Airman

Post by aussietomcatter »

Looks fantastic. Can't wait to buy it.

SpitfireMelodeon
Senior Airman

Post by SpitfireMelodeon »

Like most others I am looking forward so much to having this iconic aircraft not only in my hanger but also in my sticky mitts.

I think the main reason being that I never actually thought there would ever be one...

Cheers and Beers

Bill
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

rosariomanzo
Staff Sergeant

Post by rosariomanzo »

Looks gorgeous, really can't wait!
Ros

trindade
Staff Sergeant

Post by trindade »

What a beautiful beast! :shock:

seejay
Senior Airman

Post by seejay »

I hope there will be other models besides this Beauty . :)

RageShade1
Staff Sergeant

Post by RageShade1 »

Let me hand you my wallet, left kidney, and one of my lungs of your choice....I cant wait for this baby, got the cash on reserve lol

pilotman767
Airman First Class

Post by pilotman767 »

You can just take my money now, and email me when the download is available :D
She looks amazing, and I can't wait to have her in my hangar!

highnitro
Airman Basic

Post by highnitro »

As a paying customer of nearly all the A2A fleet i can comfortably say this...

It's about damn time there is an aircraft other than boring GA models coming down the pipeline!!

For pete's sake!! the B377 started my love for A2A, then the warbirds... I thought i died and gone to flight sim heaven. Then the GA with no indication of "cooler" planes on the horizon... I was so sad.

Don't get me wrong, the Cessnas and Commanche are hands down the best GA models available.

Please more cool planes... build them and they will come... ok i feel better now, sorry for the rant
Generally speaking: there are only two things useless to a pilot, altitude above and runway behind.

DC3
Technical Sergeant

Post by DC3 »

As a paying customer of most of the A2A airplanes I have to say I like GA stuff. It reminds me of when I flew in r/l. I also like the military stuff, it is a challenge and a lot of fun to fly. The b377 I absolutely love. I hope the Connie has Captain of the Ship. This is absolutely what makes the B377 great for me. A nice GA Twin would be a good addition to the fleet. But for now, I find myself lazily cruising around California in the Cherokee. :mrgreen: :D 8)

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

DC3 wrote:I hope the Connie has Captain of the Ship.
It will. Check out the title of the original announcement thread - "New Captain of the Ship Aircraft." In the interview at FlightSimCon, Scott mentioned that they'd have an entirely new voice cast for it. So expect the same kind of experience you're currently having with the Stratocruiser - but much, much easier to hand-fly... 8)
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

Alan_A wrote:
DC3 wrote:I hope the Connie has Captain of the Ship.
It will. Check out the title of the original announcement thread - "New Captain of the Ship Aircraft." In the interview at FlightSimCon, Scott mentioned that they'd have an entirely new voice cast for it. So expect the same kind of experience you're currently having with the Stratocruiser - but much, much easier to hand-fly... 8)
Yes, the Stratocruiser truly is a "ship" as it has about the same turning radius as a large seagoing vessel. About Captain of the Ship, I'm sure not only will we get a whole new audio set but also new features as well. Hopefully a more detailed hangar than the B377 have right now as well. The new inertia starter system sound very intriguing, I wonder if it's a similar procedure as the P-40/47 maybe?

Cheers!/Andreas
Cheers!/Andreas

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Judging by my always-handy C-69 Flight Operating Instructions... that's pretty much a yes. Main difference is that the priming is automatic, by button press, like in the P-51 or the Stratocruiser, not manual. Also needs fire extinguisher selected to the engine, like in the B-17. Then hold starter at "inertia" for 20 seconds, then prime, then switch starter to "direct." Procedure calls for a primer-only start, with mixture to full rich after the engine is running. Going to be fun to juggle all that across four engines...

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

That sounds like a fun starting procedure. But the B-17 also has inertia starters doesn't it? So I'm really excited to see how the advanced Accusim of the present is going to be different from the B-17's Accusim in this regard
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Agreed. The B-17 doesn't do primer-only starts - those came in later, on the single-engine warbirds - so that's new and different. I wonder what else they'll come up with. I'd bet on some additional refinements apart from procedure - sounds, of course, and maybe the way temperature affects performance. Maybe more detail in the maintenance hangar, too.

There's even more to startup than I mentioned, like ignition on for each engine after priming and just before switching to direct, after turning three blades... That's a pilot's item, not an engineer's item. Suggests it's going to require three or four or five hands to do a by-the-book start. Then there are some interesting run-up procedures (test the blowers, test the prop governor like in the P-51)... A bit more manual than the B377.

On the other hand, it seems as though flying her is going to be more intuitive than the Strat. For example, no turbos, so no need to worry about how turbos affect pressurization on descent. "If cabin pressure controls are adjusted by the flight engineer, descent may be made at any rate not exceeding [cabin descent rate] value calculated by flight engineer..."

Overall, am hoping for an airliner that's as pleasant to fly as the B-17, which the Strat isn't, exactly...

Now, back to my studies...

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”