The Accu-Sim Connie is in beta

The "Queen of the Skies"
addman
Staff Sergeant

Re: The Accu-Sim Connie is in beta

Post by addman »

I wonder how performance-friendly the Connie will be, usually A2A planes combines great looks and high complexity with good performance very well. The only exceptions, for me at least, has been the C182 and the T-6 although they are relatively well performing, considering their complexity, they do tend to take a heavier toll on my system for some reason. I really hope the A2A team manages to balance performance and complexity/looks as good as they have in the past.
Cheers!/Andreas

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Good question. In general A2A has been very good at performance optimization - which in some quarters seems to be a lost art. I've avoided buying a certain new Airbus for that reason - I understand about the (unprecedented) complexity of the systems, but I'm not so fascinated by the aircraft that I'm willing to turn off everything else in the sim in order to run it. It'd be possible to make similar observations about scenery, too - it's as though nobody wants to test in the context of a real-world sim.

That said, optimization can't be easy, especially considering individual system behavior. Case in point - for me, the T-6 runs perfectly well. It's the B-17 that's a challenge. I have no idea why that is - doesn't seem to be the case for others.

Overall, like you, I'm hoping for a smooth-running Connie. But if I have to, I'll cut it some slack. Unlike the Airbus, I am interested enough in the Connie that I'll make compromises for it.

EDIT: Among complex aircraft, the smooth-performance champion on my system is the Majestic Q400. What a pleasure that one is. I wish I didn't hate the actual aircraft so much - it's a case study in how not to design a flight management system. See? Developers just can't win... 8)
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

KotatehFox
Senior Airman

Post by KotatehFox »

i would love to get ahold of the connie..nervous about how it will run on my current system, glad im in the process of building a new rig! gonna be sweet! got any screen shots of the cockpit? im eager to see it
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

Alan_A wrote:Good question. In general A2A has been very good at performance optimization - which in some quarters seems to be a lost art. I've avoided buying a certain new Airbus for that reason - I understand about the (unprecedented) complexity of the systems, but I'm not so fascinated by the aircraft that I'm willing to turn off everything else in the sim in order to run it. It'd be possible to make similar observations about scenery, too - it's as though nobody wants to test in the context of a real-world sim.

That said, optimization can't be easy, especially considering individual system behavior. Case in point - for me, the T-6 runs perfectly well. It's the B-17 that's a challenge. I have no idea why that is - doesn't seem to be the case for others.

Overall, like you, I'm hoping for a smooth-running Connie. But if I have to, I'll cut it some slack. Unlike the Airbus, I am interested enough in the Connie that I'll make compromises for it.

EDIT: Among complex aircraft, the smooth-performance champion on my system is the Majestic Q400. What a pleasure that one is. I wish I didn't hate the actual aircraft so much - it's a case study in how not to design a flight management system. See? Developers just can't win... 8)
I'm surprised to hear that the B-17 is hard on your system, I've built and sold a handful of PC's since I bought the B-17 and that thing performed well on almost anything I threw at it. I agree about the Q400, unfortunately I don't take it up too often any more, takes too much time to re-learn the systems/fmc each time. It's a bit different from your airbuses and NGX's.

I actually bought the Flight 1 B200 King Air a while back, fantastic simulation and very well done G1000. However, the performance hit was so great it didn't even perform very well on a default FSX install. I had to ask for a refund because it just wasn't enjoyable flying in a default environment and STILL get poor frames. So yes, performance-complexity balance is very important, for me at least, when it comes to add-on planes/sceneries.

Cheers!/Andreas
Cheers!/Andreas

FoMoCo63
Senior Airman

Post by FoMoCo63 »

Absolutly a great looking aircraft, I'll be looking forward to this aircraft. I can see many repaints by fellow members here as well. I believe this aircraft will be a huge success, I really believe anyone who flys the sim always has that passion for the time in a cockpit of a well done large ship :) Great Job A2A

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

It will be fun to paint. I have already been planning on doing an aged cockpit for it.
Paul Grubich 2018
Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Warbirds wrote:It will be fun to paint. I have already been planning on doing an aged cockpit for it.
Nice. I'll be looking forward to that!
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

FoMoCo63
Senior Airman

Post by FoMoCo63 »

May I use the image you have posted on page one of the Connie and post it at the FSLive site where I fly my airline. I would like to show them what is new in the works here at A2A. FSLive.eu is also the site I made exclusive to the repaints for the B377 I did. I would appreciate it :)

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

addman wrote:I'm surprised to hear that the B-17 is hard on your system
Should have been more specific - the challenge doesn't have to do with frames or smoothness, it has to do with texture loading. Got noticeably more blurries with the B-17 than with any of my other Accu-Sim aircraft. But the problem was most notable in FSX boxed, and a couple of graphic cards ago. Less of an issue with Steam and my current rig. I guess there's something about its textures or the way it loads them. But like a lot of flightsim problems, it was solvable once I threw money at it... 8) No such issues with the more recent products, and I'm anticipating smooth running with the Connie - I know they've talked about new kinds of texturing, but am optimistic that whatever they've done won't come at the expense of performance. If I'm wrong, well, I've got Jetline Systems on speed dial. Of course, that'd have to be a 2017 budget item...
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Thaellar
Airman Basic

Post by Thaellar »

Whenever someone posts a new screenshot, my credit card jumps out of my wallet and looks at me.

seejay
Senior Airman

Post by seejay »

Hey Warbirds. Your post shows the throttle arrangement of the B17. That throttle arrangement has me baffled, can you tell--or show how works. ?
Thanks, CJ.

Eric.
Staff Sergeant

Post by Eric. »

seejay wrote:Hey Warbirds. Your post shows the throttle arrangement of the B17. That throttle arrangement has me baffled, can you tell--or show how works. ?
Thanks, CJ.
This image probably explains it best. The outboard engines are the upper handles, inboard are the lower ones, and the two levers for each side meet to form a third handle for controlling both engines more easily.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Oh, well...that is pretty amazing Eric. Just walk in a completely blow the forum up with that...thing ( he says, dripping with jealousy). :D

seejay
Senior Airman

Post by seejay »

Great , Thanks Eric. Now I see how they work.
Cheers, CJ :)

nullack
Senior Airman

Post by nullack »

Any word on how this might impact the B377 COTS? If at all? Kinda been tempted to buy it and run it unsupported in P3D, especially if there is down the track updates for it given the coding going for the Connie
A2A Accusim Piper Cherokee 180, Piper Comanche 250, Cessna 172, Cessna 182, Civilian P-51 Mustang, Military P-51 Mustang, B-17 Flying Fortress, T-6 Texan

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”