I think I just learned how to takeoff in the C172

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
Still Learning
Senior Airman

I think I just learned how to takeoff in the C172

Post by Still Learning »

Thanks to some members videos on YouTube, they went a long way to helping me takeoff and transition and climbout at 80KTS, or thereabouts. A first. And maybe most important of all, did not crash, due to stalling out shortly after takeoff. The guys have got to be sick of seeing me at the maintenance hanger.

But here's the icing on the cake: All my "Realism" settings are full right. I by and large maintained the runway center line, versus, rolling off to the left. I had default wind running, that would update every 15 minutes....

I know this is only the tip of iceberg...

Thanks to all the A2A members, who helped me, and to those members who posted YouTube videos about the takeoff run and trim in the A2A C172.

Still Learning
As of 8/14/17 | NZXT S340 Elite | AORUS Gaming 7 Z270 | i7 7770K @4.8 GhZ | EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 11 GB | 16GB DDR 4 RAM @ 2666 MhZ | Samsung EVO 850 SSD 1TB

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Re: I think I just learned how to takeoff in the C172

Post by CodyValkyrie »

I think I'm real life that overcoming these issues is a bit easier. You're not working in a vacuum of information, for one, as you have an instructor giving you instant feedback as these things happen. Also, the forces on your body cause you to make minute changes that are almost imperceptible than in simulator, such as flying coordinated.

It's a big milestone to be able to fly accurately in the simulator, and I congratulate you on keeping at it and accomplishing these feats.
ImageImage
ImageImage

afcraig2010
Staff Sergeant

Re: I think I just learned how to takeoff in the C172

Post by afcraig2010 »

Great job! Glad we could be of assistance :)
Craig
CFI, ATP (Q400)

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”