(Coming soon) Flight1 GNS430/540 integration in C172 Trainer

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
ianwild
Airman Basic

Re: (Coming soon) Flight1 GNS430/540 integration in C172 Tra

Post by ianwild »

So yeah, to confirm, I own the GTN 750, 650 and now the 430 from Flight 1.

The only way I've found to select between all three is to rename the panel.cfg files (this is for the 182) based on when I want to use either the 430 or the 650/750. It would be great if A2A could let me select between all three when the Flight1 GPS option is chosen in the aircraft config. Until I have a clunky workaround so it's no big deal.

Cheers,

Ian

metzgergva
Airman First Class

Post by metzgergva »

I'm looking for the required modifications to alternatively use Flight1's GTN650 or the GNS430. I have the GTN650 in all my A2A planes, but bought in addition the GNS430 for use in the Texan. Can anyone help with the required files?
Happy flying!
Alexander

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

Hello,

Managed to install the 530 into the 172 with no problems. Even the knobs animations are working, so that's nice. The only issues is (and this is a very small issue, mind you) that the sound used for the knob rotation sound seems to have some sort of digital distortion right at the start. It sounds like it's clipping. I'm inclined to believe that's a A2A sound file. Would be nice if in a future update you guys could get around to smoothing that sound out.

I apologise if i'm making a big deal out of this, but it's probably the only issue i managed to find with the 172.

kityatyi
Airman

Post by kityatyi »

Hello all,

I have purchased the 172 a few days ago, increasing the number of my A2A aircraft to six (182, Comanche, Texan, Cub and Connie). I have been using the excellent Flight1 GTN750 in the 182 and the Comanche but I am considering buying either the GNS 530 or 430 from Flight1.

I am wondering if these are supported, I mean, is there a simple way to install them in the 172 please? If they are not supported I will not buy them.

Thank you!

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

Hello

I have the Flight1 530 in all my A2A planes. It's really easy to set up. Just open the configurator for the particular plane, go to the GPS section and choose the RealityXP 530. Save the config. Now open the Flight1 configurator and find your plane in the list. It should have a RealityXP logo next to the name. Select it and click on "replace RealityXP". That's all. Everything in the cockpit works as it should, even the menu that switches between the GPS and the normal radio stack. The only thing is that if you change your config, you'll have to reapply the Flight1 configurator again. Also, if you use FSX:SE, make sure you choose FSX boxed from the Flight1 configurator. If you choose the Steam version, you'll only be able to see the addon planes you bought via Steam.

The thing to remember is that this method is not officially supported, but I think plenty of people use it without any issues, myself included.

Hope that helps.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Good to know guys!

I do have the 650, but I'm interested to get either the 530 or 430 as it would be more "fitting" in my opinion.

-Esa

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

kityatyi wrote:Hello all,

I have purchased the 172 a few days ago, increasing the number of my A2A aircraft to six (182, Comanche, Texan, Cub and Connie). I have been using the excellent Flight1 GTN750 in the 182 and the Comanche but I am considering buying either the GNS 530 or 430 from Flight1.

I am wondering if these are supported, I mean, is there a simple way to install them in the 172 please? If they are not supported I will not buy them.

Thank you!
Hello,

at the time of this posting they are not officially supported. There are some user work around however.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

metzgergva
Airman First Class

Post by metzgergva »

Thank you for clarification Lewis. What makes it so difficult to include the F1 GNS when you have all set up for their GTN and the GNS visuals available from the Reality XP integration? I don't get it not to support this option officially???
Happy flying!
Alexander

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

The aircraft 3D models need to be altered to accommodate the GPS unit in the panel. This adds more artifacts to the 3d model and as I understand it, the engine limitations for objects have been reached in nearly all of the Accusim aircraft. In order to incorporate more, something first has to be removed.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

Surely that shouldn't be a problem. The Flight1 530 and the RealityXP 530 are identical. They don't need separate models. And what's more, the Flight1 gauge works just fine. Radios work, AP slaving works. It even tells you when you didn't align the course in your HSI properly with the GPS course.

I think it has to do with official support. The more things you declare as compatible, the more time you need to invest in ensuring that compatibility. So they're happy with actively supporting the RealityXP unit knowing that the Flight1 unit works just fine, and only offering passive support for it.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”