(Coming soon) Flight1 GNS430/540 integration in C172 Trainer

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
vbazillio
Airman First Class

(Coming soon) Flight1 GNS430/540 integration in C172 Trainer

Post by vbazillio »

Hi all,
Did you know that Flight1 announced a GNS430/530 new product (compatible with FSx but most important with P3D ? This AVSIM's forum post raised my attention : http://www.avsim.com/topic/493415-flight1-gns/

Does A2A plan or have an idea of a 3D virtual cockpit integration in the C172 Trainer ?

Source : The Flight1 page http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=f1gns with a big "Coming Soon".
Last edited by vbazillio on 26 Aug 2016, 11:07, edited 1 time in total.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: (Coming soon) Flight1 GNS430/540 integration in C172 Tra

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Yes we now have a somewhat yearly conversation with Flight1 in person at Oshkosh as Jim always stops by and then year thanks to being outside we where able to sit down watch some of the show and have a good natter. We will be looking at integration for future products for sure but not sure about older products. Everything's still settling post Oshkosh at the moment still and when we have new we will let you know. But out of Oshkosh came several new projects.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

vbazillio
Airman First Class

Post by vbazillio »

Thanks for the reply.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

These, again, are something I would certainly like to see getting integrated: they would be a great add-on to the product, for many high-end IFR airplanes use precisely these units, and will continue to do so for years to come as they are excellent RNAV units.

-Esa

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Im eager to hear about these new projects that came out of Oshkosh........glad to hear more is coming
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

caribpilot
Staff Sergeant

Post by caribpilot »

For the C172 it would definitely make sense to have intergration with a proper GNS430/540. It would permanently replace the RealityXP version across the board. As far as the comment on several other project...I am hoping at least one will involve a G1000 ;)
M.Carter
Private Pilot

tttocs
Airman First Class

Post by tttocs »

caribpilot wrote:It would permanently replace the RealityXP version across the board.
Not sure why you'd want replace the RXP units if you already have them. For all the negative things that can be said (no support for steam, no support for FSX) if you're an FSX user they work pretty much flawlessly in supported aircraft like the 172, and even do a few things that F1 has yet to implement in their GPS units (like xfill and the ability to drive external display units).

Obviously for P3D it's a no-brainer.

Scott

tttocs
Airman First Class

Post by tttocs »

tttocs wrote: For all the negative things that can be said (no support for steam, no support for FSX)
Grrr... That was supposed to say "...no support for steam, no support for P3D."

Rimshot
Senior Airman

Post by Rimshot »

Lewis - A2A wrote:We will be looking at integration for future products for sure but not sure about older products.
Lewis
Good to hear Lewis. Here's hoping you guys will decide to integrate this Flight1 GNS in older products as well. Is it a lot of work to accomplish this? What exactly is happening 'behind the scenes' when I select a GPS configuration of an A2A aircraft? Is it more than a swap of the panel.cfg file? I'm thinking that the future Flight1 GNS might work in A2A Prepar3D aircraft by editing the panel_RXP_xxx.cfg files and using these by means of an assignment to the aircraft in the aircraft.cfg file.
I really want this Flight1 GNS for my A2A Prepar3D Cessnas and Pipers and I suspect I'm not the only one. As Prepar3D users we can only use the Mindstar GNS units as you know. As I said in another thread these are not quite that good...
Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

akmatov
Airman First Class

Post by akmatov »

I really really urge you to provide integration into your previous products.

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

akmatov wrote:I really really urge you to provide integration into your previous products.
To play devil's advocate here, there is a point of diminishing returns for older products with continued development. I'd like to see it as well, but I'm not going to hold my breath, especially if it's at the expense of a new product coming out or less features for a new product.

I fear in our industry that everyone wants everything for nothing.
ImageImage
ImageImage

TymK
Staff Sergeant

Post by TymK »

Hi guys,

I've only tested this with the C172, but it appears no further development is really needed from the A2A team to get the new GNS units to work. If you're running FSX, you can simply select Reality XP in the C172 Aircraft Configurator, then run F1GNSConfig, select the C172, and click "Replace RealityXP".

For P3D, the option is grayed out in the Configurator, but I was able to make it work manually by creating a copy of the appropriate config file in the "\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_C172\panel\" directory ("panel_RXP_530.cfg" in my case) and renaming it to "panel.cfg". (Remember to run F1GNSConfig and use "Replace RealityXP" afterwards.)

The unit fits the bezel perfectly, VLOC navigation works, GPS navigation works, so I suspect there shouldn't be any issues with this approach. :D

EDIT: There seems to be one minor issue, i.e. the knob animations aren't working (the unit responds correctly to all input, it's just the animation).

Tym

ianwild
Airman Basic

Post by ianwild »

I wonder, could someone tell me if there's an easy way to do this and then be able to switch between the GTN and GNS Flight1 units from the A2A configuration tool?

I did backup the original panel.cfg so I guess restoring that is the other option, but it would be awesome if we could do that from the aircraft.

Cheers,

Ian

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

ianwild wrote:I wonder, could someone tell me if there's an easy way to do this and then be able to switch between the GTN and GNS Flight1 units from the A2A configuration tool?

I did backup the original panel.cfg so I guess restoring that is the other option, but it would be awesome if we could do that from the aircraft.

Cheers,

Ian
Hello Ian, using the aircraft config tool you can switch between the options you wish to use.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

ianwild
Airman Basic

Post by ianwild »

I don't seem to be able to switch between the Flight 1 750 and the Flight one 430 - Since changing the panel.cfg I only see the 430 option now in the aircraft config tool.

Let me go and have another look though, perhaps I'm missing something.

Ian

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”