Installation Problem

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
Jimhall
Airman

Installation Problem

Post by Jimhall »

Sorry to be a bother, but loaded A2A Cessna 172 and when I open it in FSX my instruments are black rectangles. Can someone refer me to a source that will help?

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Installation Problem

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Hi Jim,

First off all. Did you run the latest Accusim updater? It can be downloaded here:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 07&t=41279

Yes you'll need to install that even if you have just downloaded the C172. :wink:

The next thing I would check is if you have all the graphics settings as per the manual that's included in the installation. It can be found under Start Menu --> All programs --> A2A Simulations --> Accu-Sim C172 Trainer

I think this issue is related to not having advanced animations checked on!? But I could be wrong.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Jim,

Could you also tell us which version of FSX you're using? If it's the disk edition, you should make sure it's updated with the free Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 2 from Microsoft, or the Acceleration add-on.

Something else to check is whether you've got "DX10 preview" ticked in the FSX graphics settings. If so, this could cause issues unless you run the payware DX10 fixer or similar.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Jimhall
Airman

Post by Jimhall »

Thank you Piper & Nick for your help. I updated accusim and made sure all the realism settings were as directed. I opened FSX to A2A Cessna 172. I'm on the ground, sitting on the runway with the engine running (with an instant message saying I must start my engine) but no instrument panel or other plane graphics. When I press F-11 I see the interior frame with a pilot and a man prone seeming to be pushing the plane. Soon the engine sputters and quits. I don't have any of my flight controls attached but don't feel that should cause problems. I think I will put away A2A and continue learning on FSX Cessna Skyhawk and come back to A2A sometime in the future. I had hoped that it would be plug-and-play as the salesperson at FltSimCon 2016 said it would be.

I purchased a Saitek Instrument Panel recently and that doesn't work either even after having a case number for weeks doing this and that until I finally gave up on that. Pretty frustrating this new hobby but I'll soldier on.

Jimhall
Airman

Post by Jimhall »

Oh, Nick. Sorry. I am using Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe Edition.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

From want you're describing you need to update your FSX to service pack 2

See the FAQ thread here for links to the updates:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 08&t=35640

Make sure to install service pack 1 first. Then restart the computer and install service pack 2. Restart again you should be good to go.
Last edited by Piper_EEWL on 26 Jun 2016, 09:25, edited 1 time in total.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Piper_EEWL wrote:From want you're describing you need to update your FSX to service pack 2
Yeah, that's right: FSX Deluxe will need updating with both SP1 and SP2 as available here: https://www.microsoft.com/Products/Game ... ads/Pages/.

Give that a try and let us know if it helps.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Jimhall
Airman

Post by Jimhall »

Piper & Nick--It worked! Thank you so much. I can't wait to explore A2A in my new Cessna.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Good stuff Jim! :) Welcome to the forums and be sure to drop us a line if you have any further issues. Also, don't forget to download the Accu-Sim update as Piper mentioned above.

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Great. I'm glad it worked!

Happy flying

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Jim,

I saw the guys where quickly sorting the issue for you so didnt want to double post but to just say welcome to the forums!

You'll find the fs hobby much like real flying is a never ending educational experience, you;ll be much more knowledgeable the longers you active in it, its great too as by pure annoyance you could well end up being the 'family computer guy' lol :mrgreen:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Jimhall
Airman

Post by Jimhall »

Thank you guys. By the way, the fix cured my Saitek Instrument problem too!!

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Even better. I think that's what they call a win-win :wink:

Happy flying

Jimhall
Airman

Post by Jimhall »

Well, I jumped the gun a bit. In A2A I can't view my 2-D cockpit. I get a black screen. Some other irregularities too. But it is much improved since doing all the fixes above. Same with the Saitek Instrument Panel. Better but not right. On the right track though. I'll let you know how I progress.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

There is no 2D panel for the A2A aircraft. But the screen shouldn't be black either. What are the other problems?

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”