westerly around the world attempt

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

westerly around the world attempt

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Today i have started an easterly direction around the world tour start/finish from KSEA/KSEA, using FSX/ACCELERATION and A2A C172 , but due to 2 missing russian airports , that MS did not bother putting in , it may well be impossible to do , UHOO UHNN are the two missing airports , which means i have to try and fly the C172 from UHPP / UHSS , which is further than the C172 is capable of flying , according to info found on max range of 696nm , first leg from KSEA/CYPR complete , started with full tanks 552nm covered , and 14 gal still in tanks on shut down , which i know will cover another 108nm with 30 min res left .
Aircraft developed its first fault , on checking aircraft before flight in hangar /walkround all was well , on walkaround after flight , 20% eng oil had been used , so imediatly checked in maint hangar , oil leak confirmed and fixed , aircraft now has 58hrs logged.
Any chance of A2A fitting an extra fuel tank for that long hop from UHPP / UHSS , so i dont go swimming.
regards alan. 8)
Last edited by alan CXA651 on 02 May 2016, 04:55, edited 1 time in total.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: easterly around the world attempt

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I'm sure you'll find some one made those missing fields, might be worth the googleing to find one.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Lewis.
I have tried aerosoft sceneries , flightsim/avsim freewares , so far no luck , i still have to fly from cypr down the alutian ilses , before i get to that big swim.
regards alan. 8)
P.S. I can always keep my fingers crossed for a tailwind on that run , and a bit of extra leaning on fuel.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Lewis.
I could not find any sceneries for fsx for the two airports UHOO/UHNN , but did find a site AVSIMRUS.COM with an airport that allows the flight continuation , not yet downloaded it ,its for the airport UHSH , file name :- 49108-OKHA- sakalin-reload-for-FSX.zip .
regards alan. 8)

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Have you looked here:

http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx.html?

It's a great source to find payware and freeware sceneries. Also of course to find great A2A repaints :wink:

Good luck with your flight. Maybe if you're up to you can share some progress here?
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
No i did not know about that , but will have a look later , as i write this , i am on leg 2 from CYPR/PAYA .
Leg 2 completed.
465 Nm done , with half the fuel on board used , means the aircraft with 30 min res is with right leaning and favourable winds capable of an impressive 859nm , aircraft landed with no faults refuelled ready for next leg.
https://www.twitch.tv/cxa651/v/63696176
Regards alan. 8)

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

LEG 3. PAYA/PAWD about 298NM direct , complete actual 316 Nm done .
On the preflight hangar visit this morning , i was surprised to see engineers report saying debris removed from stall warning opening , as all was well on yesterdays afterflight check.
Can only assume the winds got up during the night while it was parked up overnight , A2A know how to get your attention , what detail .
Heavy landing due to lots of fuel on board , no faults on aircraft after the flight , aircraft fully refuelled ready for next leg.
https://www.twitch.tv/cxa651/v/63905629
Regards alan. 8)

shortspecialbus
Staff Sergeant

Post by shortspecialbus »

Nice flights! Did you mean "Westerly?" Unless you're going to loop east in short order, i would appear that you're heading Northwest, more or less.

-stefan

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: westerly around the world attempt

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Its my mistake you are right i am heading in a westerly direction , old age confusion setting in i thinks. i am heading for east coast of russia on world tour as it is going generally in that direction regards to earths rotation , i am head along the alutean isles towards russia/japan,as this aircraft is incapable of going over the oceans,i ham having to go where the land mass is , most round the world flights have been in the oposite direction , and i have recreated an around the world tour in the carenado pc12 with a modification to the fuel tanks ,to give an extra 200 gallons , and flew the trip on the same route/same type of aircraft , as emelia rose earhart did in her pc12 , with the same max fuel capacity , that one took 17 days to finish , this trip is in the a2a unmodified c172 , and it is not just going around the world , as i cannot go around the world in the southern area as the oceans are to large,so i am going around coastlines of continents to cover as much of the globe as posible as well as generaly travelling westerly , i expect this trip to take a minimum of 3 months to complete , its being done on vatsim,and being put on twitch tv , and in the va aircraft that i fly for.
regards alan. 8)
BELOW IS MY INTENDED ROUTE:-subject to change due weather conditions .
KSEA CYPR PAYA PAWD PAPH PADU PADK PASY UHPP UHSH UHSS RJSS RJTK RJFK ROTM RCSQ RPLL RPMD WAMM WAAA WATT YPDN YPGV WAJJ AYPY YBCS YBRK YBCG YWOL YMEN YPAD YCDU YFRT YESP YABA YPPH YGEL YCAR YPLM YPPD YBRM YPKU WATT WADA WARR WIII WIBB WIMM VTSP VYYY VGEG VEBS VOBZ VOTR VOCL VOML VAJJ VAAH OPKC OIZJ OOMS OOSA OYRN OYAA HDAM HAAB HKEL HKMO FMCN FQQL FQMA FALE FAEL FACT FYLZ FYWB FNMO FNGU FCPP FPST DNMM DIAP GLRB GUCY GBYD GQPP GCFV GMMN LPPT LEAS LFBM LFRH EGGD EGNS EGPO EKVG BIHN BIBD BGKK BGSF CYVM CYFB CYVP CYYR CYQX LFVP CYPD CYQI KFRG KNTU KMYR KVQQ KMIA MUCC MUCU MDSD TISX TFFR TGPY SYCJ SOCA SBJC SBFZ SBRF SBSV SBVT SBGR SBFL SBPK SUMU SAZM SAZN SAVC EGYP SAWE SCCI SCBA SCTC SCSE SCDA SPSO SPHI SEMT SETN MPTO MNMG MMTP MMAA MMPR MMMZ MMHO KNKX KMRY KACV KHQM

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

LEG 4. PAWD/PAPH about 346NM direct , complete actual 380 NM done.
weather not very nice low vis at destination , atis saying 100oc , had to turn weather off to get bearings , tried reactivating weather for landing but vis going right down to ground in places so had to turn it off for landing , then turned it back on for taxi in . no ils aides at this airport unfortunatly , aircraft landed with no faults.
https://www.twitch.tv/cxa651/v/64084559.
regards alan. 8)

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

LEG 5. PAPH/PADU about 327NM direct , complete actual 331NM done.
Weather at PAPH was poor vis but clear vis at PADU but started raining as i touched down , aircraft had no afterflight faults , refuelled ready for next leg.
https://www.twitch.tv/cxa651/v/64115249
https://www.twitch.tv/cxa651/v/64135051
Reason for two videos , is internet went down for 1min , dont know why it was down ,but had to reconnect hence to videos part 1 /2
regards alan. 8)

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

LEG 6. PADU/PADK about 386NM direct , complete actual 399NM done , weather was a little bit turbulant , nothing to bad , touchdown was smoothe , airport bigger than expected , fuel used on this leg 30 gallons , aircraft landed with no faults , refuelled ready for next leg , almost at the end of the aleutian isles.
https://www.twitch.tv/cxa651/v/64291079
regards alan. 8)

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

LEG 7. PADK/PASY about 344NM direct , complete , actual 345NM done .
Weather was a bit turbulant enroute , winds very stronge at pasy , 339/13 , was blowing aircraft back in the air while trying to land , not my smoothest landing but was impressed with the touchdown of -24 .
on before flt all was well with the aircraft , on after flt , in the hangar , the engineers report said be carful with flaps as some parts are worn on both left/right, so fixed them , and it needed an oil filter now replaced, so changed the oil/plugs as well, also refuelled ready for next flight of over 500nm to russia over sea .
https://www.twitch.tv/cxa651/v/64344601
Regards alan.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The next ones a big one then :twisted:

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Lewis.
No but surely one of them , over 500nm over water , after this next leg is mission impossible , trying to get the old girl to do over 700nm , if i can manage that , it saves me going to avsimrus.com , if i cannot do that milage and i do need favourable winds as well as leaning fuel to just the right amount , to do the impossible , else i need to go to a site i have not used before , and hope the UHSH INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS ARE IN ENGLISH , if in RUSSIAN i will not have a clue on installing the airfield .
regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”