Anyone able to paint a my flight school's 172?

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
Foxtrot_Sim
Airman

Anyone able to paint a my flight school's 172?

Post by Foxtrot_Sim »

I've tried too many times to count and I can never figure out Photoshop. Anyone able to re-create it for me in the sim? I have unlimited amounts of reference pictures.
Thanks!
(also I soloed in this plane so I have a little soft spot for it ;D)

Link to all of the ref.'s.: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=2 ... lder%2cjpg

BabtridgeMcJoystick
Airman First Class

Re: Anyone able to paint a my flight school's 172?

Post by BabtridgeMcJoystick »

Foxtrot_Sim wrote:I've tried too many times to count and I can never figure out Photoshop. Anyone able to re-create it for me in the sim? I have unlimited amounts of reference pictures.
Thanks!
(also I soloed in this plane so I have a little soft spot for it ;D)

Link to all of the ref.'s.: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=2 ... lder%2cjpg
Have you checked out EithyFiftyFive's tutorial videos? That should give you everything you need. That would not be too difficult a paint to do as its mainly straight lines and you can sample the colours straight from your pics. If you wanted all the dents, bumps and weathering yeah that would be harder, and as for modeling the special exhaust, I don't know if thats doable as you would need to add to the model itself. But for a basic paint, those tutorial vids should see you right :)

Foxtrot_Sim
Airman

Post by Foxtrot_Sim »

I have and are a really big help, I'm just bad with the tools and making the lines somewhat close. But I'm still going to try.

BabtridgeMcJoystick
Airman First Class

Post by BabtridgeMcJoystick »

Foxtrot_Sim wrote:I have and are a really big help, I'm just bad with the tools and making the lines somewhat close. But I'm still going to try.
Try using the pen tool to create paths. You can move the anchor points around after if they dont line up :) SOme of the tools are fiddly though I agree, usually a quick google will find you a tutorial on that one bit. Good luck with it and hope you get a nice new paint!

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”