Crash on Takeoff

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
Jetstream
Airman

Crash on Takeoff

Post by Jetstream »

Hi All,

I have a problem when taking off in P3D v2.5. I get everything setup ready for takeoff, start the roll with a little right rudder. Once in the air the aircraft just does a bank to the ledft and crashes in to the ground. Don't kknow what I am doing wrong so would appreciate any help. This only happens with the C172, with default aircraft all works ok.

Many thanks,

Jetstream

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: Crash on Takeoff

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

Do you have the latest update installed? Have you checked, if the plane is fit for flight in the maintenance hangar "Shift+7"?
You can find the latest update here:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... =2&t=41279

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Jetstream
Airman

Post by Jetstream »

Hi,
Yes I have been to the maintenance hanger and all was good. As for the update isn't that for vers 3.0, I am running 2.5

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

Yes the latest update concerns mainly the release of P3D v3, but still recommended to have your plane up to date. Do you have this issue with other non A2A planes? Are you loading this flight from a pre-saved one? Check your controls calibration as well.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Jetstream
Airman

Post by Jetstream »

No I don't have any problems with other aircraft only this c172. I have configured my controllers so I don't think that is the problem. I also reinstalled the c172 but that didn't fix it. I will try the latest update and see if that fixes it.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Sounds great as a start. Wait and see what the other guys will say, I myself am an FSX user for now :mrgreen: and cannot give you any specific P3D
directions unfortunately :(

Cheerz :wink:
Will

Jetstream
Airman

Post by Jetstream »

Thanks for your help. I'll repost after I've tried the update.

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

You must install the latest update.

The aircraft will naturally turn to the left due to the prop and the pilot's weight.Add a passenger in the right seat!!!!!

Remember this is a very realistic flight model and not like the tramline models usually found in FSX.

Please also check the fuel tank balance and remember to do a walkaround before flight.

The manual,which is essential reading,can be found under your startmenu/A2A /c172.

Finally remember you are the pilot.If the aircraft veers to the left give it more right rudder,you fly the aircraft, don't let the aircraft fly you.

Cheers Chris

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Let us know how you get on with the update and as Chris states, check that weight and balance and for sure make sure your pre-flight walk around is all good and the aircraft fit for flight prior to engine start,

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Jetstream
Airman

Post by Jetstream »

I've done all the chacks you all suggested and I am able to take off after some rudder controlling. However, I am still finding the aircraft difficult to control with the yoke. I did a takeoff with auto rudder to see what would happen and the takeoff was much better, which leads me to think my controls might be the problem. can you suggest the best way to configure them. I am using the Saitek Pro yoke and Saitek peddles.

Many thanks,

Jetstream

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

High power, low airspeed, high angle of attack requires right rudder. There is likely no calibration issue unless the amount required is excessive. I require a firm amount of pressure with my right foot on my Saitek pedals. This is realistic.

If you check calibration in the Windows control panel and everything is centered ok, then you will need to keep practicing.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes I agree with Oracle, it sounds like you are expecting an unrealistic experience. Please remember the simulation is a realistic professional level simulation of a C172R. You will certainly need to be using rudder to control that takeoff roll and yoke once airborne to fly the aircraft. Don't let the aircraft fly you, get hands on. Once your settled into flight it will all settle down nicely and be even more so once your in the cruise.

thanks,
Lewis

Jetstream
Airman

Post by Jetstream »

Thanks Guys for all your advice, I guess I will keep practising and hope things get better. What is the correct trim for takeoff, can't seem to find it in the manual. Also, shoulld I set a switch on my yoke for the trim. Is that the best way to go?

Thanks again....

Jetstream

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the takeoff mark is marked on the trim wheel for take off. However don't get stuck up on trim, so many simmers try flying using trim as a primary control surface. Fly the aircraft using the big wheel in front of you and the rudder pedals, once your settled as best you can you then use the trim to aid in the control of the big wheel and the rudder pedals depending on the setup, not as a substitute to those controls.

cheers,
Lewis

N324JK
Staff Sergeant

Post by N324JK »

I'd also caution you on how much you're pulling back on the yoke to take off. What you're describing sounds like the classic uncoordinated power-on stall, likely caused by not enough right rudder and pulling too high up. If you hear the stall horn going off before you leave the ground, you need to ease off the yoke and let it build some speed. As others have said, you'll want to keep the right rudder in a fair amount throughout takeoff and at least some right rudder until you reach cruise altitude. Lastly, I'm not sure if you're flying with any kind of weather simulation, but if you've got a crosswind at all, you'll want to turn the yoke slightly into the wind to keep that wing low.

This all takes practice, so you're in the correct mindset if you're planning to keep at it. One thing I recommend doing is taking the plane up to 3,000 feet, then practicing power on stalls, power off stalls, steep turns, and slow flight. All of these maneuvers will get you more attuned to airplane handling, and will ultimately help you fly better. You can look each of these maneuvers up on the internet to understand how they're done and what the intent is behind them.

Good luck, and happy flying!
Jon K.
Image Image Image ImageImage

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”