Missing Step on Right Wing Strut of C-172

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
gwhess
Airman

Missing Step on Right Wing Strut of C-172

Post by gwhess »

I have had the C-172 for some time now and really enjoy it. I have noticed that there is no footstep on the right wing strut. I fly 172's in the real world and have never seen one with only one wing strut step. Just curious.

Gary

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Missing Step on Right Wing Strut of C-172

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

Look at the screenshot thread, you can clearly see it. Not sure why yours is missing.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Bruce Hamilton wrote:Look at the screenshot thread, you can clearly see it. Not sure why yours is missing.
Are you thinking about the steps on the main gear struts Bruce? The question was about the footrest on the wing strut which is presumably used when checking/filling the fuel tanks.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

I can't check my installation right now but from the screenshot thread it sure looks like that step is not there on the right strut.

Was this fixed in an update maybe? How could we have missed that until now :shock:

Edit: Just checked the finished paints thread and it looked old like it's not there either assuming the painters are running the latest updater!
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yeah - it's certainly missing on mine though I'd never noticed it before. Perhaps its absence can be considered a 'speed mod'! :mrgreen: The A2A Skylane does have one on each side though.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Maybe something that could be fixed in a future update?! Otherwise I'm gonna have trouble checking the fuel in the right wing :wink:

Thanks and good catch!
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

gwhess
Airman

Post by gwhess »

I noticed it some time ago, but thought maybe it was just a problem with my download for some reason. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that didn't make sense, so thought I would mention it. Thanks for a great aircraft!

Gary

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Post by EnDSchultz »

Confirmed here, as well, latest update. No idea how you managed to spot that. Nice job!

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

I can also confirm I don't have a step on the right wing strut

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

Going back to the screenshot topic, look on the fuselage where the strut mounts... right in front of the mounting, isn't that the step you're talking about?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Bruce Hamilton wrote:Going back to the screenshot topic, look on the fuselage where the strut mounts... right in front of the mounting, isn't that the step you're talking about?
Nope - there would also normally be a footrest on the strut itself (as there is on the left side strut in the A2A C172). I just dug out this video in which you can more-or-less see the guy put his left foot on it just after the 9 minute mark.

Interesting topic - as an earthbound simmer I'd never really stopped and considered the athletics needed to inspect the wing tanks on a 172 or 182! :)

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

gwhess
Airman

Post by gwhess »

Nick M wrote:
Bruce Hamilton wrote:Going back to the screenshot topic, look on the fuselage where the strut mounts... right in front of the mounting, isn't that the step you're talking about?
Nope - there would also normally be a footrest on the strut itself (as there is on the left side strut in the A2A C172). I just dug out this video in which you can more-or-less see the guy put his left foot on it just after the 9 minute mark.

Interesting topic - as an earthbound simmer I'd never really stopped and considered the athletics needed to inspect the wing tanks on a 172 or 182! :)

Nick
It is not easy. I returned to flying two years ago after a 40 year hiatus, and I think one of the hardest things to do is check the 172's tanks!

Gary

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”