Ignition Key and disabeling all clickable buttons

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
roeloph
Airman Basic

Ignition Key and disabeling all clickable buttons

Post by roeloph »

Yesterday I purchased the C172 Trainer. Download ok, Installation ok. Great model, highly realistic, gives an almost real flying experience (I also fly the real thing). Yet I experience a couple of annoying issues...:

- When I click the ignition key - nothing happens (I can see that it's clickable). I have to start the engine with CTR E. That means I can't test the magnetos also. In other aircraft in my FSX (like the C152) the key works perfect (turning). Any hints about the cause?

- Same with the fuel selector: it is clickeable, but it doesn't move.

- Sometimes, after starting the engine and doing some controls suddenly nothing is clickable anymore. I have to stop the flight en restart again. Sometimes that helps, sometimes not. Then I have to leave the program and reload. When that did not help I had to remove the whole aircraft from my list and do the download and installation all over again (I have 18 downloads left now). Then it worked untill the next disappareance of all clicks.

Note: I followed all the instructions about the reallity settings.

Thx in advance.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Ignition Key and disabeling all clickable buttons

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums! :)
roeloph wrote:- When I click the ignition key - nothing happens (I can see that it's clickable). I have to start the engine with CTR E. That means I can't test the magnetos also. In other aircraft in my FSX (like the C152) the key works perfect (turning). Any hints about the cause?
To turn the ignition key, either click-and-drag or (probably easier) use your mouse scroll wheel. Same goes for the fuel selector I think.

Before troubleshooting the click spot issues, have you downloaded and installed the latest Accu-Sim update from here?

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

roeloph
Airman Basic

Post by roeloph »

Thx for your quick reply. Iginition key and fuel selector work fine now :oops:
I assumed that in the new purchase the latest update is included. When the click-problems return I will try to avoid them with a new update. From the forum I understood that it also can be due to changing view (outside-inside) or switching to full screen. I will first test that.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Glad you're sorted with the ignition key. Radio dials etc. in the A2A products are designed to work in the same way.
roeloph wrote:I assumed that in the new purchase the latest update is included.
No - the installer you download at purchase doesn't include the latest updates so it's important you download and run the file from the link I posted above. You'll benefit from quite a few additional features which A2A have introduced as well as various bug fixes.

If you still encounter loss of click spots, or any other issues after installing the update, let us know and someone will be able to help.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

roeloph
Airman Basic

Post by roeloph »

Ok, thx Nick,

Update was completed successfully - as my computer told me. The aircraft appears - with engine (auto)started (why?) - and not any click spot works. Any other aircraft works well. So maybe the best is that I delete this version from my aircraft list again and reinstall the former one (17 downloads left), without the updates. At least, that one worked.
Or maybe you know the cause and the solution of this problem. Little bit of a headache here....

Greetings,
Roeloph

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Roeloph,

Probably best to stick with the updated version of the C172 and avoid any more reinstalls for now. Just reinstalling is unlikely to help.

Firstly, the already running engine is probably just the persistent behaviour of the add-on. Most aspects of the aircraft will be as you left them, so if you exit the sim with, say, the engine running and the flaps down, that's how they'll be when you next load the aircraft.

One known cause of missing click-spots is if your viewpoint within the sim is 'inside' part of the 3-D model such as the seat headrest. Do you use any add-ons like TrackIR or EZdok which alter your view point?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

roeloph
Airman Basic

Post by roeloph »

Hi Nick,

I really appreciate your fast replies!
About the add-ons you mentioned: I don't know them, so I am sure I don't use them - neither any other add-ons.
After a couple of restarts the sim surprised me by working well: all click-spots clicked and reacted correctly. I flew a circuit and landed safely. Nice of course, but I prefer to understand what causes the problem instead of being surprised at every start. I will pay some extra attention to the viewpoint, not being virtual located inside a chair.

For now I rest my flights (after switching off the engine completely) and will enjoy some night rest before diving into a new adventure tomorrow....

Regards,
Roeloph

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome Roeloph - and your latest post sounds promising. :) I know what you mean about preferring to understand the cause for issues like this but maybe it was one of those 'ghost in the machine' things.

One little tip to help avoid issues like this is to make sure you always keep one of the default FSX aircraft (I use the Cessna 12SP) for the default flight. Hope your flights tomorrow are successful but if you have any further issues, somebody here will hopefully help you get sorted.

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”