NO MOUSE ACTION

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
FLYING TIGER
Airman First Class

NO MOUSE ACTION

Post by FLYING TIGER »

Hi guy's,
after the most recent update of the 172 I lost my ouside camera's in EZDOK. It's a known issue and Ezdok say it's A2A how to blame and vice versa. I've tried the proposed solution to move a certain camera at he bottom of the aircraft.cfg file above the other camera's etc. (things I do not normally dare, because of my lack op comp. and Sim knowledge). Did'n work at all. Before the update all was well. To be honest, and with all credit to the devolpers with A2A who did a fabulous job, all that walk around stuff is not my cup of tea. I just want to fly and anjoy the scennery etc. and have my outside camera's back.So what I did was try to go back to the situation before the update. I removed the 172 AND Ezdok from my system and installed them again hoping to be back in the situation before the update. New problem that has to be solved before I can do anything else. When I move the mouse pointer over the instr. panel nothing happens. The pointer won't change into a hand and I can not flip any switches, and so on, nothing works. Anybody ??? Mouse works in other aircraft as usual.

Does anybody knows at which update the Ezdok conflict started? What I mean is that maybe it is possible that I can make use of the upates before the problem and then stop, so that I can profit of those and keep my camera's.
I hope I made myself clear and hope to hear from you, more specialized simlmers.
Awaiting your replies, kind regards
Eddy

PS: does anybody knows if all these problems also exist with P3D?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: NO MOUSE ACTION

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

ezdok edits our files and this is why when you updated the files where over written with new versions, all you needed to do was re-run the ezdok config thingy program that ezdok uses to reinsert the camera entries it uses. Surprised the Ezdok guys you spoke too didn't know this as its a part of there own manual.

Anyway it sounds like you may have gone several steps too far so we need to get you back to normal again. Ok so first up you will need to get your C172 all installed and updated again. For the updater you will want to go into your FSX folder, into your A2A folder and delete the update folder within the c172 folder. Then run the updater again to get yourself all updated.

Then once you have the C172 all running you can run the ezdok program to add the camera entries you want. That should get you back to where you want to be.

A note for you as you mentioned the relaxed realism style of flying, if you do not want the full simulation and just want a relaxed realism/arcade experience you can under the shift + 3 panel turn damage OFF then you can throw the throttle and go without any worries.

Any issues with the above let us know.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Eddy,

Yes - as Lewis describes above and as I mentioned in the earlier thread, it sounds like you haven't run the "EZCA Config.exe" utility after installing/updating the 172. I'm assuming you've got v1.17 or earlier of EZdok installed? If you're using v1.18, the procedure is a little different.

Hopefully re-updating as Lewis details above will sort out the mouse cursor issue for you.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

FLYING TIGER
Airman First Class

Post by FLYING TIGER »

Hello simmers,
after following your instructions there is improvement. Not totally OK, but it's going in the right direction. All the tihings you told me to do, I did the day before yesterday also, with no result. For one or the other odd raison today it did ????? :? I got my outside camera's back, the mouse is doing what it should do (most of the time) but....... Normally I change the next camera set and the next vieuw in each of one (and back) with the B / B2 and C1 / C2 button on my Saitek yoke. This isn't working anymore. I can change the cams when I click in the EZDOK window, but when outside tha plain I use the B 2 button on my yoke I get al the camera's , in the right sequence I think, with normally take place when I do the walk around. A couple of days ago I read somewhere (the Ezdok forum ?) that you have to make a change in the aircraft.cfg files. As far as I remeber you have to cut a .201 cam (at the bottom) and place it above the other cams and then renumber them starting with . Is this correct and should this salve the problem. This is quite an undertaking for me, not knowing much about all these things, so I won't do anything before I get some advice from you, confirmatory that this is the right thing to do. Could it help to remove EZDOK and re-install it? (but then I have to do all the cam's anew and the different settings, which is quite a task. But hey, if it help's :|
Another problem that surfaced is, since I re-installed the 172 is that my brakes don't work, which was no problem before. I can't get the callibration right in FSUIPC. Lies the sollution with FSUIPC or is it something gone bad in the 172?
So guy's thanks again for taking the effort to answer to all those questions that are asked on this forum, not only by me, but all the other less experienced simmers. Great job !
Happy landings,
Eddy

FLYING TIGER
Airman First Class

Post by FLYING TIGER »

Hello there,
just to inform you that I solved the break problem myself. Somewhere else on this forum I found the tip to change a certain fsuipc.ini file. (had to change =75 in to =0) and then after ticking "reverse" for the brakes in the FSX control panel everything works as it should (for now :P :lol: )

So everything (except the walk around camera's) is more or less OK now. OK enough to keep enjoying flying for now. I'm only waiting for a sollution for the cam's now.
All of you have a nice weekend,
regards and happy landings,
Eddy

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Glad to hear that you figured out your issue with the braking Eddy. You still haven't mentioned which version of EZdok you're using - that bit of info is really critical to providing any specific advice. :wink:

Ultimately it's probably going to be a choice between enjoying the walk-round functionality as designed by A2A or being able to use the external EZCA aircraft cams. When I used v1.17 I ignored the Ezdok external aircraft cams completely (I deliberately avoiding running the "EZCA Config.exe"). Remember, if you don't use any custom external EZdok views, you can still use the traditional FSX spot/locked spot camera view to get an outside view of the aircraft.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

FLYING TIGER
Airman First Class

Post by FLYING TIGER »

Hi Nick,

I still use version 1.15. Last week I re-installed the original EZDOK software I puchased in 2014, and I didn't updated it to 1.16 because somwhere on the internet (in 2014) I think I read that the 1.16 update had some issues at that time. In a former reply you mentioned that there already is a 1.18 version. Is it better to update my older version to 1.18 or shall I stick with 1.15 who now works ok?

Regards,
Eddy

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Eddy,

If you're happy with v1.15 you could always stick with it. However, v1.17 worked for me with no problems at all and is just an incremental update to the earlier versions. v1.18 is a different story as it significantly changes the way that EZdok works with the FSX/P3D cameras and various cfg files. If you're still getting to grips with things, I'd recommend you don't install v1.18 just yet.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

FLYING TIGER
Airman First Class

Post by FLYING TIGER »

Hi Nick,
I will look at it. And I guess , just as with the 172 update, that it is not necessary to first instal the 1.16 update. Goin strait to 1.17 will include the 1.16 update. I keep you posted. Thanks again man, appreciate the time spend on helping me/us.
Regards,
Eddy

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”