CESSNA 172 R UPDATE

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
FLYING TIGER
Airman First Class

CESSNA 172 R UPDATE

Post by FLYING TIGER »

Hi everybody,

after being away from the sim for more than a year I'm trying to pick it up again. Because I still encounter the same problems with my 172 R as on the time when I quit simming, I visited the forum in search for some answers. First I noticed that some members are mentioning "updates" for the 172. I purchased mine in sept. 2013 and nevver dit any upgrade. First question: are there any updates, where can I find them and how to install them (I'm not much of a pc geek).
I have 2 more questions but maybe they are more in place in other topics or under other parts of the forum. I will check this out first. I am not familiar with how forums work and English is not my native tongue (I'm from Belgium) but with your help we can get there in the end (I hope :D )

Awaiting some replies, kind regards,

FLYING TIGER (Eddy)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: CESSNA 172 R UPDATE

Post by Nick - A2A »

Welcome back Eddy!

To get the latest update, just head over to this 'sticky' forum post and download the linked file to a location on your PC. Then simply run the downloaded file (preferably as administrator by right-clicking) and it'll download and install any updates for your installed Accu-Sim product(s).

Accu-Sim updates are released by A2A quite regularly, so check back every so often to read that sticky post I linked above. :wink:

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Oliver Branaschky
Senior Airman

Post by Oliver Branaschky »

Nick beat me by a couple of seconds, but since I've already copied the link, here ya go: Accu-Sim Update 10_03_15 DOWNLOAD
http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=41279

:-)

Viele Grüße/Best regards
Oliver

Oliver Branaschky

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Here have three; https://a2asimulations.com/updates+notr ... rg.net.com

And welcome back! :lol:

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Oliver Branaschky wrote:Nick beat me by a couple of seconds [...]
Mmmmmwwwwahahahahahaha! :twisted: :mrgreen: :lol:

Cheers,
Nick

P.S. Very cunning way to embed a hyperlink so it looks like another hyperlink Lewis! :wink:
A2A Simulations Inc.

FLYING TIGER
Airman First Class

Post by FLYING TIGER »

Hi guy's,
thanks for the "welcome back" messages, tears are runnig down my cheecks (don't believe everything I say :o ). I used the link posted by Nick M.
I browsed the forum after I posted my question and found out that there were many updates during the past year(s). Are all those former updates included in the one I downloaded now, or is it necessary to download them separately?

I don't know if this is the right place to ask my next questions, but I'm gonna do it anyway, bold as I am :twisted: ?

Whatever I try, even after a complete overhaul in the workshop, sometimes it only takes a couple of minutes after starting the enigine on the ramp (following the right procedures as far as I know) I get blue smoke puffing from the exhaust. I guess it has to do with the mixture, and it occures in flight also (I had in level flight with the mixture leaned) but I can't fix it (I told you I'm not a well seasoned simmer :D ) . I find this so annoyng that this was one of the things why I stopt with simming more than a year ago, togheter with this. When I apply the first stage of flaps I know that it is normal that the altitude changes (more lift), but I checked it out: in level flight, perfectly trimmed out, letting go of the yoke, it results in a climb of 350 feet for some time. Is that normal or has that something to do with a setting or so? (IAS is about 100 knots). And then there is the ballooning when you flare. I know I'm not the only one who has difficulties with that. But maybe it is improved in one of the updates. I will soon find out after installing the updates.Does anybody can help me with those problems?

Again, thanks in advance guy's !
regards, Eddy

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

FLYING TIGER wrote:Are all those former updates included in the one I downloaded now, or is it necessary to download them separately?
Yeah, they're all included in that update downloadable from the sticky thread: it's a cumulative update so to speak.

The blue smoke could indicate you're burning some oil. Have you checked the maintenance hangar (shift + 7) for issues, including clicking on the engine cowling to inspect the various engine components?

Pressing "i" for any reason will also tend cause the smoke to appear as by default it's set to the FSX "smoke system (on/off)" function.

Finally the flaps in the 172 are pretty large and powerful. I don't have any specific figures, but you need to counteract with forward yoke pressure when you extend them or the aircraft will tend to balloon as you've noticed. Quite a few changes to the flight model are included in the update, so it's probably best to leave any further questioning of this aspect until after you've got it successfully installed. :wink:

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

FLYING TIGER wrote: Whatever I try, even after a complete overhaul in the workshop, sometimes it only takes a couple of minutes after starting the enigine on the ramp (following the right procedures as far as I know) I get blue smoke puffing from the exhaust. I guess it has to do with the mixture, and it occures in flight also (I had in level flight with the mixture leaned) but I can't fix it.
Hey there,

another community member just had the same problem with the Comanche. Check the maintenance hangar for engine problems (just like Nick suggested :wink: ). If everything there is ok and the next time the smoke occurs hit the i key and see if it disappears (just like Nick said :wink: ). If so just hit it again and see if the smoke reappears. And then you can check if you have any other function mapped to the i key. Or maybe you have the "smoke" function assigned to another key?

Take care
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

FLYING TIGER
Airman First Class

Post by FLYING TIGER »

Hey Nick,
I think you have solved the problem, haven't tried it yet but I'm pretty sure this could be it. I have the 'i' key on my keyboard assigned to a vieuw of the "i"nstrument panel via EZDOK. During the pre flight and when on route, I use this key from time to time and that could indeed cause the problem. I will check it out and I'll keep you posted about the outcome.
I know I have to put some downward pressure on the yoke and it occurs most with the first stage of the flaps. I have not yet flown after the update but I noticed that all my outside vieuws of the plain (Ezdok) are gone, cockpit vieuws are ok, strange :)

Later on I will test the update and the smoke problem and will let you know. Thanks again for the reply and the help.
Happy landings,
Eddy

FLYING TIGER
Airman First Class

Post by FLYING TIGER »

Hi Nick & Piper,

YES ! the smoke is gone, no more unnecessary expensive visits to the workshop :D Also better for the evironment ! You can solve it either by assigning another key on the keyboard or you can remove the i button (smoke) from the FSX settings. Both will work. Tried it on and off and it works perfectly.

Thanks again boys !
regards,
Eddy

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Glad you've got rid of the smoke Eddy. Any key-presses assigned through EZdok will still be detected and processed by FSX as you've discovered, so you need to check for conflicts. :wink:

There are one or two steps needed to get EZdok to work properly depending on which version of the software you have installed. If running v.1.17 of EZdok or earlier, you'll need to run the EZCA Config.exe after installing the A2A C172. There are some further tips in the FAQ thread which should also help with the pre-flight inspection views if using this version of EZdok.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Hey Eddy,

I'm glad you got that smoke issue solved!

Take care
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”