Anyway to use FSX's built in GPS on the A2A ?

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
Styggron
Master Sergeant

Anyway to use FSX's built in GPS on the A2A ?

Post by Styggron »

Hello everyone,

Just wondering if there is anyway to use FSX's built in Garmin G500 GPS with the C172. The GPS options seem to be A2A ones and does not seem to have access to the FSX standard one.

Thanks everyone.
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: Anyway to use FSX's built in GPS on the A2A ?

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

A2A Simulations, use exactly that FSX build in GPS. From "Shift+3" menu you can select, no GPS, mobile GPS G295 or the build in GPS G500.
You can click for example the G500 (once you have it installed on your dashboard), and it pops up like on other FSX aircraft.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

LZ-WIL wrote:Hi,

A2A Simulations, use exactly that FSX build in GPS. From "Shift+3" menu you can select, no GPS, mobile GPS G295 or the build in GPS G500.
You can click for example the G500 (once you have it installed on your dashboard), and it pops up like on other FSX aircraft.

Cheerz,
Will
Hello Wil

Nope. Sorry. I checked that first before posting.
There is no GPS500.
There is only the 295 and the 400 on the SHIFT 3 menu. No 500 on my menu.

I even loaded the A2A aircraft configurator.
The GPS is set to default.

There is the also the REALITY XP, FLIGHT1 and MINDSTAR options in there each with 2 types in there, not sure how they work though. I bet I don't have them though.

No G500 default FSX though. :(
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Styggron wrote:No G500 default FSX though. :cry:
As has been mentioned a few times on the forums recently, the GNS 400 in the A2A cockpits is functionally the same as the default GPS 500. See here for instance...

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Sorry I don't see how I missed the recent posts :( Ahh yes it is in the Cherokee area, sorry I did not look there. I don't have a Cherokee.

In regular FSX though I can call up the GPS even if the plane I am flying has no GPS, I wanted to do this in the A2A. Just have a shortcut that bring up the normal FSX one. So select "no GPS" but still be able to call up the FSX G500.

I like the big screen of the G500 so wanted to call it up as a pop up just like in FSX.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Styggron wrote:
LZ-WIL wrote:Hi,

Cheerz,
Will
Hello Wil

Nope. Sorry. I checked that first before posting.
There is no GPS500.
There is only the 295 and the 400 on the SHIFT 3 menu. No 500 on my menu.

I even loaded the A2A aircraft configurator.
The GPS is set to default.

There is the also the REALITY XP, FLIGHT1 and MINDSTAR options in there each with 2 types in there, not sure how they work though. I bet I don't have them though.

No G500 default FSX though. :(
Hi,

My point was, that A2A have implemented the default FSX GPS in their aircraft. The GNS400, I think has the same display functionality as the GNS500.
That is concerning only the sim of course. The Reality XP, Flight1 and Mindstar are separate 3rd party paid products, A2A configurator gives you the option to place them on your dashboard if you have bought them.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Styggron wrote:In regular FSX though I can call up the GPS even if the plane I am flying has no GPS, I wanted to do this in the A2A. Just have a shortcut that bring up the normal FSX one. So select "no GPS" but still be able to call up the FSX G500.
Well, remember it's not quite that simple: the panel mounted GPS units are integrated to drive the CDI needles (glideslope needles too in the case of add-on GPS units) and therefore the autopilot. Of course, clicking on the GNS 400 in the A2A C172 will bring up a much bigger 2-D pop-up.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Nick M wrote:
Styggron wrote:In regular FSX though I can call up the GPS even if the plane I am flying has no GPS, I wanted to do this in the A2A. Just have a shortcut that bring up the normal FSX one. So select "no GPS" but still be able to call up the FSX G500.
Well, remember it's not quite that simple: the panel mounted GPS units are integrated to drive the CDI needles (glideslope needles too in the case of add-on GPS units) and therefore the autopilot. Of course, clicking on the GNS 400 in the A2A C172 will bring up a much bigger 2-D pop-up.

Nick
How does FSX do it then ? I can fly a NON GPS and hit a button and presto I have a GPS.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Styggron wrote:How does FSX do it then ? I can fly a NON GPS and hit a button and presto I have a GPS.
Well, I guess you could edit your panel.cfg to give you the option of the GPS 500 pop-up irrespective of whether you've got a panel mounted GPS installed. Not really sure why you'd want to though? :? You can always use the 2-D 'map' pop-up panel if you get lost. Alternatively, if it's the larger pop-up GPS screen you're after, you could use the default GNS 400 equipped Skyhawk and edit the gauge entries to make it larger.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Nick M wrote:
Styggron wrote:How does FSX do it then ? I can fly a NON GPS and hit a button and presto I have a GPS.
Well, I guess you could edit your panel.cfg to give you the option of the GPS 500 pop-up irrespective of whether you've got a panel mounted GPS installed. Not really sure why you'd want to though? :? You can always use the 2-D 'map' pop-up panel if you get lost. Alternatively, if it's the larger pop-up GPS screen you're after, you could use the default GNS 400 equipped Skyhawk and edit the gauge entries to make it larger.

Nick
I jump into the map now and then, odd it does not show you "your" position. I guess it is just dead in the centre. I was expecting a little "plane" icon but it is supposed to simulate a "map" not a GPS. :)

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”