Nice Job on the COG Modeling

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
BrettT
Staff Sergeant

Nice Job on the COG Modeling

Post by BrettT »

Just wanted to give a couple thumbs up to the crew for the modeling the C172 and how its dynamics change with different COG.

I had been flying around with whilst pretending to have my kids with me and a little bit of baggage. Any Dad knows that an argument would have ensued if either one was given preferential treatment by being in the front seat. So there I was flying around with myself in the front seat (180 lbs) and both kids in the back seat (100 lbs each) along with about 50 lbs of baggage. While flying around I noticed I couldn't for the life of me get the plane trimmed in level flight. It was either climbing or diving 300-500 fpm.

After several flights, I figured it must have been the coarseness of my trim control so I decided to try the saitek trim wheel. Same problem so them the wheels started to turn and I could smell something burning coming from between my ears and I decided to have them sit in different seats. One in the front and one in the back and the C172 trimmed for level flight without even an effort.

Just wanted to pass along the story and my kudos for the modeling

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Nice Job on the COG Modeling

Post by Lewis - A2A »

hehe great to hear, glad you are enjoying the simulation

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”