C172 - AutoPilot problem again

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
chanwt12000
Airman Basic

C172 - AutoPilot problem again

Post by chanwt12000 »

hello,

It is my first post here and say hello to everybody.

I have been searching for "Auto Pilot " problem but with no similar answers.

I am using Windows 10, and reinstall the A2A C172 purchased before.
Installation seems ok, run the update programme and its finished without problem.
I do remember at the installation stage. It ask something about keyboard mapping, do not really know what it meant but have clicked "Yes"
(It seems to ask request to install DirectX 9, I say "Yes" and it installed the DirectX9) Not sure if it does matter as I know Win 10 is installed with DirectX 12 (if I am not wrong taken)

Everything seems fine for the fresh FSX gold version with acceleration installed.
The only Haddon is the "FlyTampa Hong Kong " Airport.
Then install the C172.

It started alright,
only using USB wireless keyboard and mouse for testing everything is ok.

Plane is on the ground, everything is ok, take off ok
after achieve reasonable climb, i try to switch on the AP.

As soon as I switch on the AP, the plane will turn left and fly in a circle, regardless i press the HDG or ROL, just got no control at all..
and the ALT function not working as well.

However, all buttons seems to responding but just not doing what they are supposed to be doing.

VS not working
ALT ARM not working
HDG not working
ROL not working

the plane simply fly in a left turn circle.

Have not idea what went wrong and hoping anybody can shine a light on my problem.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: C172 - AutoPilot problem again

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

first is just to check that the update you ran is the latest updater?

Also to ask how you are activated the AP is it using the Z key or the mouse click?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

chanwt12000
Airman Basic

Post by chanwt12000 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

first is just to check that the update you ran is the latest updater?

Also to ask how you are activated the AP is it using the Z key or the mouse click?

thanks,
Lewis
I use the mouse to switch on the AP
I believe it is the latest updater, I just downloaded it few hours ago.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

No the download is not the latest version. You must download the updater and run it to bring the A2A 172 sim to the latest version.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Next up for the usage of the AP, are you trying to use it like the default relaxed realism unit or using the correct Bendix King information for instructions on its use including the timing of button presses where required?

thanks,
Lewis

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Here's some links that will help with its usage if use to the realxed realism default type AP's;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 07&t=35579

thanks,
Lewis

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Just to add to the previous replies, it's worth pointing out that the 'AP' button must be pressed and held for 0.25 secs to engage the autopilot (i.e. a slightly longer mouse click is necessary). This is a safety feature of the real KAP 140 which is reproduced in the A2A version. As Lewis mentioned, it's worth having a read through the real operating manual to get the best out of the unit.

If it's any help, I also posted a brief summary of the KAP 140 operation in this thread a while back. :)

Cheers,
Nick

P.S. Here's another thread with a similar subject which may also be worth a read. The solution in this case seemed to be running the latest updater as recommended above.
A2A Simulations Inc.

chanwt12000
Airman Basic

Post by chanwt12000 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Next up for the usage of the AP, are you trying to use it like the default relaxed realism unit or using the correct Bendix King information for instructions on its use including the timing of button presses where required?

thanks,
Lewis

Yes, I meant I download the updated which search via the Internet and I saw it got update for the C172.
Not quite sure what do u meant by use it "like the default relaxed realism"
I simply wanna try to set the AP to work, not using timing button. The abnormal behaviour occurred right after I pressed the AP button (for one sec).

Since I remember I do have this problem before my computer upgrade, it was an win 7 64, I am using the 660ti graphic card by the way...just normal updated driver for win 10. Nothing special

Will try to uninstall the plane and do it all over again.. But I strongly suspect that it is my system setting...since I got the same problem on two totally different computer...so I was hoping to see if there is anywhere I could check upon.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

what we are asking is if you are trying to use the AP like the rest of the units in the sim or correctly using the links provided. The simulation is use for official flight training and so a lot of the avionics are 1:1 simulations of the real life counterparts and work as they do rather than like the normal relaxed realism systems you tend to find in MSFS simulations.

thanks,
Lewis

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Are your sim settings as per a2a manual, for example realism, sensitivities and the like ?

Where is the sim installed ?

Are there any possible conflicts between controllers ? Check by unplugging all of them and then engage the ap

Are there any other addons on your setup that might influence this behavior, like fsuipc, weather programs and such ?

Have you read the manual or watched some tutorials online for this autopilot for example on youtube ?

How are you loading the plane, do you use a2a pop up menu for weight and balance ?

Have you changed your default sim scenario ? Do you maybe happen to load addon planes on top of each other ?

chanwt12000
Airman Basic

Post by chanwt12000 »

Silly me.
It is all work out now. All i need to do is switch on teh AP with Z key, rather than switch it on with the mouse in the VC.
That way, everything works like a charm.

Flying happily now.

Thx all for your comment.

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

That doesn't sound right, i only use the vc button to start it, this way im sure that i didn't start a default fsx autopilot, which is nowhere near the same accuracy of the a2a one.

There was a number of people who had such problems, however they got resolved, you can even start it in the spitfire from what i've seen. I would advise you to check it some more, just to be safe.

chanwt12000
Airman Basic

Post by chanwt12000 »

Oh..so u mean the z key only start the FSX built in AP even I am in the A2a C172 with the AP onboard?

But after I started it with the Z key once. I have it switch it off and started with mouse in the VC.
It still working..

Look like after I started it once with Z key.. Everything become ok..

I look more into it today.. Thx

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”