PPL Revisited

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
BeaverDriver
Senior Airman

PPL Revisited

Post by BeaverDriver »

After a lot of years with FSX and (long ago) RW flying, I've kind of hit the "reset" button in FSX. I've started re-doing the PPL exercises I remember having to do way back in my youth when I first learned to fly (Icarus says "hello" by the way - he and I went to the same flight school - Tyrannosaurus Airways in Gondwanaland :mrgreen: ) . Having A2A aircraft is allowing me to do a very realistic recreation of the process, for which I'll be forever grateful (except you made spinning too good - I get knots in my stomach again now as I slow to begin the procedure - thanks a lot A2A :| ). I started last week with the J3 doing some basic airwork, and have since "graduated" to the 172. I did my first cross country (3 legs, VFR map and compass only - no GPS :wink: ) and today I spent an hour in the circuit then a half hour doing some airwork in the 172 (can't believe you actually got this plane to behave correctly in a climbing turn stall!!). Then back to the field for a couple more circuits. This feels real, and it sure is fun! Some shots for you:

An hour of circuits to start with. With only a 2100 ft runway, you have to be reasonably quick about cleaning up after touching down and getting going again, but the aircraft handled it no problem.

Managed to grab a quick screenie in one of the spins I did. That's all water and land in that shot - no sky. The sky temporarily left for a coffee I think :mrgreen:

All done for now. Great day of fun, and more to come.

I'm based at Plum Island (Bill Womack's scenery) north of Boston for this. Thanks for looking in.

Glenn
--------------------
Glenn

FishermanIvan
Airman First Class

Re: PPL Revisited

Post by FishermanIvan »

The airport I fly out of is only 2274 feet long; the Club doesn't even allow touch and goes. It's stop and goes with back-tracks for us.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Glad to hear you are enjoying the simulation and its bringing back some memories. Great screen shots too! 8)

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

BeaverDriver
Senior Airman

Post by BeaverDriver »

Thanks guys. The strip I flew out of was about 2100 ft and 1500 ft respectively (grass). We were still doing touch and goes out of it but only in 150's and 172's. On the larger machines it was always a full stop. Mind you, we didn't have any obstructions at either end of the runway so that made it a little easier.
--------------------
Glenn

flaminghotsauce
Senior Airman

Post by flaminghotsauce »

Now when you want to challenge yourself on landing, try Roosterville MO. 0N0 is the identifier. 2800' long, 20' wide! Ouch. Directly east of KMCI.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”