C172 2 BUGs Report

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
galenogarbe
Airman

C172 2 BUGs Report

Post by galenogarbe »

1- KX 155A RADIO Bug (and persistent issue)
----------------------------------------------------------
After I tried to program my common frequencies using the CHAN feature, at some point changed the normal behavior on the decimals. Instead to change the decimals last digit by 2, 5, 7 and 0... the radio started to change the last digit in this new sequence: 1, 3, 6 and 8.

This is a issue once no frequency ends with this number in the last digit. even though this is not a real issue in real live because you still receiving the ATC with this small change on the frequency, this is a problem at virtual world once you cannot receive anything from the ATC networks (tested on: VATSIM and PilotEdge).

I tried to uninstall and reintall but looks like the persistent file with this problem is not in the unistall list.

2- Clock DVTRON Bug when setting countdown at ET
----------------------------------------------------------

When trying to program a countdown at ET, I get SEVERAL/too many digits if I program at this sequence:

Right click SELECT;
Right click on CONTROL;
LEFT click twice;
LEFT click on SELECT 5 times;

Please advise, mainly the issue number one once I cannot use the radio on online ATC networks.

Regards,
Galeno

Great Ozzie
A2A Test Pilot

Re: C172 2 BUGs Report

Post by Great Ozzie »

Hi Galeno,

For the first issue (if I understand correctly) in the My Documents\A2A\FSX\Cessna172 folder, the frequencies are stored in the C172Rlog.dat.f file (not ending in ".dat" but ending in ".f"). If you just add a .bak to that filename, a new one will be generated, and I think that should set things back to "normal".

-Rob
Rob Osborne
Flight Instructor - CFI, CFII, MEI, MEII
A & P Mechanic

FAASTeam - Safer Skies Through Education
Professionalism in aviation is the pursuit of excellence through discipline, ethical behavior and continuous improvement. NBAA

galenogarbe
Airman

Post by galenogarbe »

Great Ozzie wrote:Hi Galeno,

For the first issue (if I understand correctly) in the My Documents\A2A\FSX\Cessna172 folder, the frequencies are stored in the C172Rlog.dat.f file (not ending in ".dat" but ending in ".f"). If you just add a .bak to that file, a new one will be generated, and I think that should set things back to "normal".

-Rob
Fixed #1

thanks...

Great Ozzie
A2A Test Pilot

Post by Great Ozzie »

Welcome Galeno,

As far as #2, I see the problem there.

Under ET I could reproduce.

Right click Select. Left zero of 00:00 flashes.
Right click Control. Display should change from 00:00 to 0:00. May take more than one right click on control to do this.
Left click Select four times. Each position of 0:00 will flash with each click. Fourth click > Display is now 542126:
Left click Control twice resets to 00:00.

-Rob

One other problem to report:

When on ET > Right click Select - Left zero of 00:00 flashes. Each successive left click on select moves to set the next digit. The fourth left click on Select does exit out of setting the countdown time, however, the countdown begins immediately - instead of just exiting out - whereas left click on Control should start the countdown.
Rob Osborne
Flight Instructor - CFI, CFII, MEI, MEII
A & P Mechanic

FAASTeam - Safer Skies Through Education
Professionalism in aviation is the pursuit of excellence through discipline, ethical behavior and continuous improvement. NBAA

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

galenogarbe wrote:After I tried to program my common frequencies using the CHAN feature ...
Galeno,

Just to add that there is currently a bug with persistent saving of the CHAN frequencies - i.e saving the channels between sim sessions. (Assuming you've installed the latest update that is.) No doubt that this issue will be resolved in the near future... :wink:

CHeers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

galenogarbe
Airman

Post by galenogarbe »

Nick M wrote:
galenogarbe wrote:After I tried to program my common frequencies using the CHAN feature ...
Galeno,

Just to add that there is currently a bug with persistent saving of the CHAN frequencies - i.e saving the channels between sim sessions. (Assuming you've installed the latest update that is.) No doubt that this issue will be resolved in the near future... :wink:

CHeers,
Nick
Thank you all for the colaboration...

BTW, after pllying the latest update the plane is much more difficult to control and stabilize it. Even the take off is a bit strange. I understand that maybe the updates changed the flight dinamics a lot but is strange the current bahavior.

Galeno

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

galenogarbe wrote: BTW, after pllying the latest update the plane is much more difficult to control and stabilize it. Even the take off is a bit strange. I understand that maybe the updates changed the flight dinamics a lot but is strange the current bahavior.

Galeno
Is this compared to other sim aircraft or experience in the 172R variant?

Can you better describe 'strange' and is everything OK and the aircraft fit for flight during the pre-flight walk around?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Tiger_Walts
Senior Airman

Post by Tiger_Walts »

I've had the radio issue too. In my case it's on the NAV channels and it gets caused by the FS Economy client setting the frequency to a value ending .01 if I'm in a plane with no IFR capability.

My fix was to open Plan-G and use the radio tool to correct it.

I also had erratic control recently. Turns out the sensitivity and deadzones for the yoke had been reset to defaults, which are awful.

galenogarbe
Airman

Post by galenogarbe »

I had to roll back to the previous version once the update changed completly the bahavior and flight dynamics :(

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

you have not mentioned yet which bits you feel are not correct?

The flight model lines up pretty much spot on with all our flight testing in the 172R's we have flown. It still sounds like you are comparing to what you think it should fly like over what the aircraft actually flies like?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”